Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Re: Winter "cruise" to SC, GA, and North FLA

St Marys is where you catch the ferry to Cumberland Island.... They are across the ICW from each other....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Winter "cruise" to SC, GA, and North FLA

Hey Charlie. What is the deal with that island that I seem to remember is just south of Hilton Head, or was it just south of Cumberland. I went bye there on the ICW when I was moving Unity from Detroit to Miami. I know it has a Polish name that started with a "D" I think. Nice houses and whatever on that island. I had never heard of it before. I hope I am not confused.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

3. Re: Winter "cruise" to SC, GA, and North FLA

Maynard,

Must be somewhere up by Hilton Head, it doesn't ring a bell to me......
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Daufuskie Island? I have never been there, but my sis
    lives in Savannah...

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Well I suggest that when in Coinjock which usually works out for a overnighter! Go to Coinjock marina that's the east side and go to the restaurant for the Prime rib It is GOOD!!

They have excellent crab cakes too!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Kuz,

St. Mary's is a well kept secret. Ever since the paper plant shut down that secret has got out. It's been some 5 years since I visited St. Marys and I'm sure things have changed. The old hotel downtown used to have pretty good dining, but, the accommodations were "stressed". but again that was 5 years ago. I'd give St. Mary's a chance.

Deep water all the way coming off the ICW.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    Daufuskie Island? I have never been there, but my sis
    lives in Savannah...

DAN
    Thanks Dan..That is the place. I saw several ferry boats going there. How com no one has any knowledge about that island? I never heard of it before my trip downthe ICW. Maybe it is private. Sure has some nice homes.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

8. Re: Winter "cruise" to SC, GA, and North FLA

Several years ago St Mary's was voted "The best small city to move to" by some major magazine and has been undergoing a big growth boom.

Plus about the same time the Navy increased the amount of sailors to work at the Kings Bay Sub base.

It's still a great place to stop at though...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com