Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Looking for a Hatteras again

Hello every body I have been gone for a while and hope every one had a nice holiday like I did with my kids. I sold my motor home and now I think I am going to buy a boat soon unless you all think it would be better to wait until prices stop going down but I keep looking at yachtworld and prices seem to be the same as wehn I was looking earlier. I think their must be some more boats that are not for sale on yachtworld but some place else. I never heard of yachtwordl before I started looking here so I guess there are other people like me who would not know about it either so where else can I find boats for sale besides there and on here.

Re: Looking for a Hatteras again

My best friend is a broker for Brewers in Mystic,he has been in that business the last 25 years. He says he is selling boats,but nowhere near the asks.So don't let the asking price fool you.It is a bigtime buyer'e market.BTW/ Give Jimmy Economou a call at Brewers Mystic Ct.a good guy,also a total Hatteras guy, that might turn you on to something.

Tony
    Last edited by BUSTER; 12-01-2007 at 06:23 AM.

I know where there is a great 61 MY and it has the bulletproof 12V 71s that you like. I also could reccomend a excellent broker.

And there's a single engine 58' TC for sale in TN that can be had for a song. The owner is a bit of a strange bird, he'll work with you.

That 58 has been modified to run on one engine very well. Its a real efficient vessel.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I know about Randys boat and he has talked to me about buying it but I am still afraid of two strokes because parts are hard to find sense they don't built them any more and I am told and it is hard to find people to work on them but I still want a bigger boat than that even though I think I don't want to live on one any more so I am still looking but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    I know about Randys boat and he has talked to me about buying it but I am still afraid of two strokes because parts are hard to find sense they don't built them any more and I am told and it is hard to find people to work on them but I still want a bigger boat than that even though I think I don't want to live on one any more so I am still looking but thank you.
    Sparky, Sparky, Sparky,
    We have been over this before. 2 stokes are still made. The military still uses the 92 series Detroit Diesels. There are probably more mechanics that are able to work on a DD than any other diesel engine out there. If it is a mechanical version, no special equipment is needed. You don't need a computer or special software, just hand tools and the manual. You have been misinformed.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

8. Re: Looking for a Hatteras again

Guys, If I recall correctly, Sparky does not intend on working on his boat due to age and health reasons. However, getting parts for 2 stroke diesels is not a problem, some new suppliers have entered the parts market for Detroit iron. Just like I have said in the past, if Detroit abandons the market the aftermarket will quickly fill the void. There is too much money to be made.

Sparky, you keep looking at boats, and let us know how it is equipped and we will do our best to inform you of the possible pros and cons for each of them.

I don't think that the market will go much lower on some models. I have seen some awesome boats for very cheap. However, the size range you are looking at 60+ still has some room to move downward. I have seen some distressed pricing on these large yachts, mostly older ones, but the pristine ones seem to be holding higher prices. I would recommend you find a boat in near perfect condition. You will pay more but have to worry about maintenance less.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com