Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: one of you need to confess...

I was thinking the same thing. Who wants to pay those high lift prices. And if you belong to Boat US you just call them and they re float you for free. Sounds like a plane.
    I almost went aground in Lake Huron the first time I was ever in the lake. Good old Kettle point. It was an underwater rock point that I underestimated its projection into the lake. About a mile. I saw my mistake just in time. This was before GPS es.

BILL

Bill

unlimited coverage doens't cover hard groundings... when a boat is left high and dry like that, chances it's not going to be covered unless the boat is almost afloat at high tide and just requires a simple pull
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by NAN-PO 41 View Post
    There are only 2 types of Captain. Those that have run aground and those that will.
    Actually 3 types: those that have, those that will, and liars! LOL
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

You are right. I forgot the last group.
    LOL, Fred

5. Re: one of you need to confess...

Geeeeze........

What some owners do to avoid paying a haul out fee to paint the bottom !!

Ha, last winter he had the bottom completely stripped. It had some weird thick rubbery bottom paint on it. It really looked bad. Fortunately, though, no blisters.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI