Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1180

Now wheres that damn truss???

No time for the yacht this week or next... Got in from Nashville ILLINOIS around 1100 yesterday and gotta get ready for a 0600 flight to Dallas tomorrow. Laundry, bills and dog training school today! Say hi to everyone for me LOL This is the OPS system as installed by moi on an ISX Cummins and a Volvo semi tractor(s). Each has about 400,000 miles and are '07s. The cummins head bit the dust! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 08-17-2008 at 03:58 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: I Cant Take The Strain

Got back from DullAss last night and came to the realization that after not flying commercial lines for a while that things have changed. Security is a joke especially at Dallas... I had to wait for some 16 yo babe to unpack 3 bags and complain about shampoo bottles and why she couldnt take them aboard... Watch the news in the last 2 years??? All that was missing there was the rectal scan; thats next! Thanks osama!
    'Ol Willy was the last one on the plane, late of course, and after sneaking an oversized bag onboard, they had to re-open the plane and get a baggage guy to open the cargo hold. Needless to say when he opened the overhead for the umpteenth time in flight, one of his three laptops crashed down on you know who. All that, and my check in bag was $15 PLUS $50 for being over 50# (61# to be exact!). DO NOT fly American...
    Dallas was mild... only 107 in the shade, and there aint none; dont complain about Miami Ange !!! The oil rigs are all about 200 miles from Bugtussle Tx. and we'd spend 4-5 ours traveling from site to site and stay until 3 am daily... and start at 7 am to beat the heat. Its only 87 in the morning! The only good thing I could think about Dallas was about the trip home; YIKES!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

These sights are all remote and have 2 60 series gensets screaming away all day and night. Must be about 80-100kw each. The 3512 and D398 Cats run mud pumps for drilling. Theyre like a 2 story pressure washer and blazing hot as well.
    These rigs are all portable and get set up in two days and down and moved in another two. The crew is on for 7 - 12s and then off 7, and make about $35/hour year round. When on, they all stay in a bunk house / trailer;BRUTAL!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Gotta say one thing... those 60's dont miss a lick!! 'Ol Willy tryn' to look 'telligent like he got a star trek thang hanginin' outa his head. If I never fly again it'll be too damn soon!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Really interesting new stuff there Bill. Please keep the info on drilling coming in. Maybe I can learn to drill for my own oil. BTW, methinks those 3512s are actaully 3508s. CAT bills it as new technology with more power from a smaller package, but they just run them at 1800 insead of 1200. Krush can explain the whole horsepower, torque, 5252 thing if anybody really cares.

Looks like it's pretty interesting, keep having fun!
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Hey Scrod... I was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention. Those are 08s in the pics. We worked on both 8s and 12s and I didnt realize it until after it was posted! Sharp eye! The twin turbo was on the 3508 with a C13 thrown in too, plus an 80 hp flathead for good measure with all the Offy stuff on it... way cool daddio!
    The well business is booming in Texas again. Cant wait to see what happens after JM is elected. Those wells are both oil and natural gas jobs BTW. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    The well business is booming in Texas again. Cant wait to see what happens after JM is elected. ws
    From your post to God's ears...at least let's hope his has his ears on Good Buddy!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    These sights are all remote and have 2 60 series gensets screaming away all day and night. Must be about 80-100kw each. The 3512 and D398 Cats run mud pumps for drilling. Theyre like a 2 story pressure washer and blazing hot as well.
    These rigs are all portable and get set up in two days and down and moved in another two. The crew is on for 7 - 12s and then off 7, and make about $35/hour year round. When on, they all stay in a bunk house / trailer;BRUTAL!! ws
    Now that (above) is where the concept of workin' fer a livin' and Good Ole Boyz comes from..tight fraternity when you work that hard. Do they still choo'n'spit? Sounds like YSB is right there in with'em. When I managed the trades, after having bin wun wunz, I once worked with/had an employee they called 'Big Jim' and nice as they come. He could drop a quarter through his wedding band...any one here do that? Some kinda strong too.

My impression (jeez all sounds like a whine..sorry) is that vast majority of the Congress just doesn't comprehend that...workin' hard that is! Also, 1 of the 2 prez cdts...
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 07-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

YEUP,HAR HAR. Splaaattt. Them boys spit so much that must be where the mud comes from! Cant smoke on the rig and thats understandable even for me! Yeh man.... they are all good ol' boys that got no use for a pink yankee, but after a bit they all come 'round. The "driller" (rig boss) sits in his air conditioned office watching nascar all day with a spit can in one hand and the remote in the other! Lifes good aint it bubba??? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Looky Here !!!!!

I just got this from BOAT US... ws

Dear BoatU.S. Member,

Thanks to some great teamwork, the threat of a new EPA discharge permit for all your boats is gone!

On Tuesday night, President Bush signed into law "The Clean Boating Act of 2008," which gives recreational boats a permanent exemption for the court imposed EPA discharge permit.

I thank each of you for helping create this victory for boating. Every time we asked for your help, you were there to push the legislation further down the path towards successful passage. You contacted your Members of Congress and helped them understand the importance of boating in your life. And Congress heard the loud voices of tens of thousands of boaters! Nice work!

Enjoy the rest of the summer on the water!

Margaret Podlich
    Vice President of Government Affairs
    BoatU.S.
    Govtaffairs@boatus.com
    yachtsmanWILLY