Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1180

Re: I Cant Take The Strain

Just for orientation, this is under the dinette seat that no one can climb into.
    It needs a Bubba-ectomy which will probably happen next winter when the galley / V berth job happens. Notice the ANL 60a fuse in line. That was about $15 from www.shercosupply.com Had that in 2 days. Great guys and a ton of stuff like this.
    Need more from the experts here again too... The Er light switch was move so that its' just inside the hatch; cool. The charger is mounted where there was a breaker box with 3 breakers for the 110 vac air conditioners. Thats getting moved, but as always I stabbed it to make sure it was dead. ALL the A.C. breakers on the board were turned off. Back into the dark hole of Calcutta and There was 77.5 volts of ac into the box. The confusing part was that there was ALSO 35 volts of DC into the box as well. I dont get it.
    To kill the DC I had to turn off the starboard battery disconect switch. I turned off the 32 vdc charger to no avail including all 32 vdc breakers incuding the main. There shouldnt be any 32 vdc to the breakers should there?
    To kill the AC (77.5 vac) I had to kill all the 110 mains and retire in place the supply to the box. Once the box was out the RIP wires still showed 77.5 vac. What am I missing here?
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

The big 2 conductor wire on the left upper is the feed. That should be
    110 vac. I never livened it up with the panel breakers, but with them all off I still had that 77.5 situation. The ac and dc readings were on the hot and neutral buss connections. I pulled the wires, capped with wire nuts and tape and left them coiled up for future air cond. use. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

So how do I alleviate the "strain"?? Ahhh !! Got around to hanging some pics for that "at home" feeling. The Roamer was a charcoal by a friend and the big one was original to the boat. Its a signed litho from Thomas Sieve called "Winter Geese". Not too nautical, but ol' Bubba probably felt cooled off when it was a million+ in Louisiana. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Here you go, Bill. A mere $235

http://www.ablekitchen.com/ProductDe...086&Click=8779

It sure seems you could find the spec for that thing and find a modern replacement, even if you have to rewire a new plug base for it.

GULP!! or maybe even a double GULP!! Thats pretty dang close Sky, even the numbers almost jive (?) $235 for a tube; the old pucker string snapped back on me that time! OUCH!!! Now I need to find an old convection oven that has one to strip! )(*$%$)()*_(+&#@@$^%{ !!! And then some!
    Thanks pal... I'll get on that Tomorrow morning! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

On my boat, if I turn off the main battery disconnects, I still have 32v to the lines that are individually fused in that same box like the windlass, etc.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Just did a little searching and found this, among about a hundred others:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=002

Were those pics taken in a "clean room" building the space shuttle? KRIPES!
    I know that bubba didnt wire your boat! They mustve farmed that one out!
    I know some of the stuff is still live, but I dont get why I had AC and DC into the breakers for the Air cond 110 volt stuff (?) And only 77 volts at that! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

ROFL!!

"Were those pics taken in a "clean room" building the space shuttle? KRIPES!"

You just beat me Yachtsman Bill.

Captned
    MBMM

Quote Originally Posted by Captned View Post
    ROFL!!

"Were those pics taken in a "clean room" building the space shuttle? KRIPES!"

You just beat me Yachtsman Bill.

Captned
    MBMM
    If only my bilges looked that good as well.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

MAN!! If you were closer, I'd volunteer just for the honor of working on such a nice piece!! Of course we'd need a changing room with a HEPA filter and black lite... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

WOW !! I couldnt get on here since Saturday ! Is it ME or THEM?? On the
    3rd, Doug and Cathy Schuman took a spin downtown for the fireworks show at Monroe Hrbr. and I guess it was one of the best shows ever! I am so jealous that Im now kinda despondent! I always made that show since 1981 but missed the last few working on the sub.
    I thought I saw Angela running the towboat that was right behind them... ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-15-2008 at 06:11 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY