Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1180

Re: I Cant Take The Strain

I'm in on the camera and whatever else it takes. *We* owe Bill for the time and sharing of his project.

Hang in there, Big Guy, and just look at all the support you have from this group. If you find the guy, let me know the day and time for the lynchin'...I'll provide refreshments.

(I suspect that Bob Vila guy that's been hanging around the helm, BTW.)

DAN
    PM sent
    Last edited by drburke; 05-22-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Bill after doing my boat every fall, winter and spring working 30 hrs + every week along with my 40 hr job I know how you feel. I did this for almost 5 years and still have stuff to do. I have taking basically the last 2 winters off and will finish the odds and ends at my choosing.
    So what do I say hang in there, your almost over the hump!!! The Tub is now becoming usable and quite livable So the good times are around the corner
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

hey bill, watch your house and vehicles, he "the thief" has your keys "house, vehicle" and your i.d. he knows where you live. be careful, please hang in there. remember all material stuff can be replaced, your life cannot. dont do anything crazy. especially, like sell the sub. bigbill

First of all, I sincerely want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the outpouring of true support. Where else but in a group like this could you ever hope to find that these days???

My PM inbox was almost full and I want to also thank everyone there for taking the personal time to send their best wishes! As for right now, things have calmed down somewhat... I needed to get home from the frontier for a few days to continue trying to find a new place to rent. With all the foreclosures going on here right now, all the folks with the 5K/month mortgages are thinking the same thing which puts a real damper on availability!
    The worst and I do mean WORST part of this episode is the feeling of being violated! The actual comission of the crime was as much my fault as anyones. No, I didnt (and never did) lock the door at night. Thats changed.
    The boat came with 50 keys and not one of them fit a single lock, ANYWHERE! Now theres a big old padlock and hasp on the cabin door while I'm out along with all the window stops having been re-installed.
    All of my IDs show a PO box for the address so home security isnt an issue and ALL cards were called in IMMEDIATELY with not one single hit! Now, when I park at night at the boat, I hafta pull my DAMN FUEL PUMP fuse to disable these knuckleheads from swiping Black Beauty. That, and being anal as I am, I now run (nightly) a piece of monofiliment line from the door handle along the dock up to the ships bell as an alarm. All I need to hear is one clang and I am comin' out blazing! Thats more of a PIMA more than anything, but I DO WANT to catch the bastards. I may be dumb but I sure aint stupid!
    I'm sure these theives will listen to what my pals Smith and Wesnonovitch have to say as they wait for re-inforcements from the Chicago PD to arrive.
    Sorry to cut this short (?!) but theres a million things to do before 6-1. Thanks again everyone and please stay tuned for updates! FWIW... my ISO is trying to find me another camera in her myriad of boxes so pics may be delayed for a while, BUT, if ya wanna send a bottle of Johnny Walker RED, that may take off some of the STRAIN LOL !! My icemaker is feelin' kinda down too ;-) ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Bill,
    I just read all the posts...
    I am coming over today after work with a Johnny Walker for you and a Captain Crown for me. I am going to give you my new camera until we figure out what to get you. Will you be at around 7:30 ish??

Please do not shoot me as I knock on the door!
    Last edited by akintosyali; 05-16-2008 at 03:45 PM.
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Hey guys... a nice lady, Dr Myra Handy is probably going to join here. She wants to run her 48 CC Catalina to Tampa and beyond. Please look after her... shes really nice! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Bill,

I am just checking in after watching a couple of DVD's with my family of our boat trips from MI to FL.

Please tell me you are staying "onboard" with your lady???

I hope all is well, keeping you in our thoughts.

J

Bill, I hadn't been reading the threads here too much over the past few days, being occupied with inverter stuff. I just now read the past few days of this thread and am really PO'd over what happened to you. It's a shame you didn't wake up so you could greet your guest and also have Messers Smith and Wesson join the party! I suppose some folks might argue that it's good you DIDN"T wake up and thus avoided a possibly dangerous confrontation. But I suspect that YOU don't feel that way!

Mr. Mossberg, a good friend of mine who is acquainted with Mr. Smith and Mr Wesson, permanently hangs out right next to our bed. He's a bit shorter than average for his type but is none-the-less quite convincing. But he has the same problem as your friends - sleeps rather soundly and if you are not awake to let him know, he'll miss the get-together.

Tell us what kind of camera you want and I'll definitely be a part of that!

Re the boat...It would be a shame for the rest of us to see it go but I can understand your feelings, certainly at the moment. Whatever you end up doing, I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Mike... while I havent been adding much the past few days Ive been reading your trials and tribulations. Count your blessings; at least your boat wasnt "bubba-ized" for the last 30 years!
    The other night, me and my "pals" worked late, went for dinner, watched the news, and then collapsed. Truth is, we are all light sleepers! It was windierthanheck that nite and I have a large fender squeeking right out side the portlight. I didnt hear a thing!
    After all the years of semi pro photography with 35mm and large format cameras, I downsized to the little NIKON coolpix unit. It does a lot of neat stuff, but the 4.1 MP rez disappointed me a bit. I am thinking of biting the bullet and getting another REAL camera. The shithead that swiped my camera got one that was worn out anyway... when zooming in, the lense drive gear would jam and the camera would shut down due to a system error. I cant see everyone here contributing towards a camera for an old jerk like me, but I sure would wet my pants if one showed up in the mail!
    Bless ALL you gys for your thoughts! Bill
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 06-02-2008 at 08:29 AM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

From the pic size I can't tell which D that is? I have a D80 which I just love but, of course, it's "old" technology - 2006! One thing I would heartily recommend to accompany the camera at some point is Nikon's 18-200mm stabilized zoom. I bought one a few months ago and it is absolutely amazing.

I was also a serious amateur photog in 35mm from the days of the Nikon F with all the appropriate lenses and constant new cameras that were surely going to make me a better photographer! They didn't, of course. Now I have only the D80 and the 18-200 lens. After decades of "upgrading" equipment I finally learned what "real" photographers have known for 150 years - "F8 and be there!"

I'd like for us here on the site to ensure that the D-whatever shows up in the mail - the 18-200 is YOUR problem!