Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: I Need Insurance for a 56' Boat (Out of State owner )in Florida?

You're right. Geographic location and zip codes are all insurers see. After the Florida hurricanes of 2004, we know folks who got paid a total loss on their boats simply because of their zip codes, despite the fact that their boats sustained minimal damage (dock rash) and were still operable - they still got paid because the insurers were too lazy to go around and do the adjusting, and they got to keep their boats too! They just totaled all boats by zip code. And we're paying for that laziness now.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: I Need Insurance for a 56' Boat (Out of State owner )in Florida?

We also have a 56' Hatt. Based on the new insurance prices. (doubled this year from $7K to $16K) we have decided to move out of Fla. Add to this cost the general costs in Fla are killing us. Hate to leave but enough is enough!!
    Please keep in touch as I like to keep a list of contacts with the same model of boat for reference and help from time to time.
    Oh yes, this is the first time I have used this "thread" system so really do not know how it works.