Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Yachting articles

Two things that may be of interest in the new issue of Yachting magazine are:

1) The Hatteras 53 is listed in the "Best boats of the last 100 years".

2) There is an article about the Joe Cool.

I just thought some of you may want to check those out.
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 11-18-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Yachting articles

Thanks for the info. I'm going to run out and get an issue for Pascal. Just yesterday I was wondering about the progress of the case against those thugs that killed the crew of Joe Cool. If they fry them, I'm going to host a party. You're all invited.
    Cap'n Nao

There is some insight into what happened to the crew that I had not heard before but, most of the article is just the same stuff that we have already heard. The worst part is that there is some thought that these guys might walk.

I also noticed that Motorboating has a section on the "Best Boats over the past 100 years" in addition to the Yachting article. Why they still publish 2 magazines when they put the same thing in both is a wonder. But anyway, that acticle mentions the 53MY as well as the 64 Burger, 42 Grand Banks, 31 Bertram, etc.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

So they can sell twice as many ads?
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

I'm glad to see someone write about this. I thought I was going to have to do a new post. 2 things, congrats to the 53. That was the first thing I looked for when I opened the issue and was ready to send a letter if it was not their. This is one of the nicest boat made.
    2 the Joe Cool. what a shame. Found a few thing interesting:
    1. why would a good boat manufacture put the pickup for the fuel in the front of the tank??

2. Interesting the discrepancies of the time line with the CG. What are they hiding? A plane saw them then they said they didn't, boat was found before the owner call it in missing? Do you think this is to protect other operations?
    [url]www.carolinamarinegroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Two things that may be of interest in the new issue of Yachting magazine are:

1) The Hatteras 53 is listed in the "Best boats of the last 100 years".
    2) There is an article about the Joe Cool.
    I suppose it's fair to say that Yachting deserves some compliment for their articles regarding the above mentioned subjects. But as of late I am deeply put off by the comments of their editorial staff regarding events dating back to the beginning of this new century.

I am referring to the comments: “Imagine a self proclaimed government inheriting a surplus and turning it into $3 trillion in debt by cutting taxes and spending $1.5 billion a day on a war declared over in 2003”, - Yachtings October issue (page 112).

I am offended that Yachting would impose on my readership - strictly boating and related subjects - to sneak in their knee jerk politics. Anyone who has studied economy and diligently followed our countries war in Iraq will conclude that all three of these statement are false. Though this article carries no specific author, Editorial Director Peter Janssen is ultimately responsible (or irresponsible as the case may be).

And while I'm at it, I don't give a damn about each issue's endless pretty pictures of multi-million dollar yachts of which less that some 1% of the global population could ever dream about.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

i agree... reading the Joe Cool article i coudln't help wonder why the author spent so much time criticizing the USCG with some wild conspiracy theory...

weird agenda.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat