Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Economy ???

Re: Economy ???

Yeah, Damn sad that you won't. Whining about protection money... Sheesh, if you dislike the country so much then leave. BTW, nobody pays close to 50%. You are one of the lucky ones (need a good accountant?) who gets deductions. OH, hold on a sec, some married couples can't take most of their deductions.

If you think of taxes as protection money, can you send back the amount you pay for police, firemen, roads etc...

TY

And as for the bombing... Nobody asked for it, however, if you like you can lump it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hromberg View Post
    I should self deport because I get annoyed at having half my earnings appropriated to pay people to do nothing? Really?

Look at the total tax burden on the economy some time. We're flushing over half of everything it produces down the government at one level or another, and 51% seems eager to make it a lot worse.

That's sad, because it's self-destructive, parasitic, and just plain dumb.

I could self-deport, and deprive the nation of the benefit of my labor, but I think I'd rather stick around and point out that when we gripe about the economy, it's that way because we're hiring crooks to MAKE it that way.
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Two dead, and numerous other casualties. This is just beyond disgusting. If they catch this person I am happy to start the IV and push the drugs and I don't care who knows it. I would do it on TV if they want.

Right, I swore an oath to protect human life. I said HUMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Two dead, and numerous other casualties. This is just beyond disgusting. If they catch this person I am happy to start the IV and push the drugs and I don't care who knows it. I would do it on TV if they want.

Right, I swore an oath to protect human life. I said HUMAN.
    No Jim, I don't want you to have any ethics issues. I'd be happy to serve justice.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    BTW, nobody pays close to 50%.
    The gov't is already up to 41% of GDP and growing by the minute. I'd bet that it's soaking up a lot more than 50% of every dollar that passes through your hands and that doesn't even include the added cost from regualtory burden. Most people have no idea of the true cost of our wonderful government.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

5. Re: Economy ???

Thread closed (by me)
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker