Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Economy ???

Re: Economy ???

Quote Originally Posted by CARL GUZMAN View Post
    Bottom is still out there ?
    I don't know...kind of like trying to time the stock market. No one calls it right all the time.

No doubt, there's some good deals in FL Real Estate now. But compared to what? 2 years ago or 10 years ago? Is there a site somewhere that shows median home prices over time for specific counties? Should I buy now?
    Last edited by Passages; 11-16-2007 at 11:21 AM.

quick answer, NOPE. Hold on for the (not good) ride

edit: I also believe real estate in the bubble areas has a LONG way to go down still.

People can't get loans. The subprime toxic waste is spread all over the financial system.

Genesis is on vacation, he always has good insight though.
    Last edited by krush; 11-16-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Had our home on the market for 6 months, she is marketed at $60,000 below appraised value...Not one Bite!!!

We want to move aboard our hat and hoped with the sell of our home we could finish the restore/repower. Doesnt look like it will happen any time soon.

Our business is down 6% this year over last and about 8% total over the last 3 years.

Boat slips are scarce here, but we are getting a new 50 slip marina, Summer of 2008. It will have clubhouse, pumpouts, gas, diesel. Will also have enlosed dry dock available. This as well as a few other businesses due to come in next year may help us a little.....HOPEFULL

Here in Tidewater Virginia we have a 12 month supply of homes. A balanced market has 6 months. Local builders are deciding to take the hit in 2007 and lower prices. Friends in the Loan business are Optimistic, prequall volume has picked up in the last 30 days. Being a Realestate Broker I think we are turning a corner here too. The inventory was 15 months . Suzie Orman said on the Today show Thursday that it is a good time to buy. Tidewater is one of the ones stabalizing.

I think the slow down is just getting started. It wil be about two years before we come out of this mess. Thanks in part to Mr. greenspan. The used hatteras market along with viking and etc. will continue to be slow with good deals out there. Eric could tell us the % off from list to sold price. I bet its 25 to 35% off list.

The broker I talk to frequently say he's been busy as heck selling boats for the past 3 weeks - but not at prices that make the sellers happy.

The 4 weeks prior to that however - business was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hatt View Post
    Eric could tell us the % off from list to sold price. I bet its 25 to 35% off list.
    Selling prices seem to be down 20 to 30% in general. Motivaed seller are selling. Owners that are upside down in a boat loan are letting them go to repo, or are making the paymants and waiting (for what I don't know).

Greenspan needs to do what retired folks do- GO FISHING and stay off the darned TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Finalee View Post
    Suzie Orman said on the Today show Thursday that it is a good time to buy. Tidewater is one of the ones stabalizing.
    When do those people (especially the NAR) ever say it ISN'T a good time to buy?

If you base your financial decisions of info you get from mainstream media, you are most likely in for a hurting. If you disagree, well then by all means keep listening to that moron Cramer on CNBC....

Cramer is right on his stock picks about 50% of the time. Of course, it has been proven that a monkey throwing darts can also pick the winners about 50% of the time. And......the monkey is not nearly as annoying.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I look to 3-5 years before we hit bottom and the year 4 is going to be a real BIT-H. Nothing in the likes that we have seen. Maybe sooner. Sorry, unless there is another war. Which they are working on. IT SUCKS. This one time I hope I'm wrong.

BILL