Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Just looking for an opinion

a few more
    Attached Images

a couple more
    Attached Images

3 more
    Attached Images

A few after cutting the flybridge wider
    Attached Images

Smile Re: Just looking for an opinion

I added an extra 6 inches on each side, this part worried me a little but it worked out fine!

to note when looking at the exaust, I am having one piece exaust instead of the fiberglass and hose it will be two long pieces of fiberglass then at the elbows it will be hose.

Wow! This is an impressive undertaking, and I can see that it is shaping up well. I can appreciate that these pics represent a ton of work (thanks for posting them BTW).

I think the overall look will be modernized nicely, but I wondered if you were referencing any particular model for a guide. I also wonder about how you plan on obtaining the teardrop glass; do you have a source? Will you use acrylic instead?

I like the project a lot and want to encourage you to continue and keep me and other posted as you proceed. It helps open up possibilities for my future renovation.

Thanks and good luck!

DAN

ps Sugaree, do you have similar progress pics?

WOW! What a great job so far ! Its also good to see that someone else knows how to take pics! I also like the gutsy job of sectioning the bridge; are you using starboard as a filler before the final glass? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

WOW! That is one heck of a project indeed. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that POPRFD patterned the teardrop shape of the windows off of the new Hatteras convertibles! At least that's what it looks like to me. Am I right??

Thats were i got the idea for the windows. The windows are tempered glass as a matter of fact what I did was brind the hatch windows I am using in the back and had the Glass made to the same coating, a bronze color, now the port and starboard windows match the to widows alond were the slider will be. The cost for the glass was not that bad, it is already cut and waiting to be insatlled.