Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Just looking for an opinion

I started this project,,with my 1963 34`. I am re-doing the entire boat,started with removing the teak deck,(to much maintenance) replacing it with a new fiberglass deck,believe it or not this all started with having to change the fuel tanks which were fiberglass, now needing to to replace them with stainless.
    I fibergalssed the bow windows, and removed the port and starboard windows,to replace them with the teardrop window,also added a rear slider door,with fixed long hatch windows, and looking through sams web site i came upon those stainless steel steps which I purchased and adding them also,i replaced the bulkhead entierly with fiberglass, and I am opening up the entrance to the galley by removing the overhang.
    I also had in mind to widen the flybridge, which was cut and will be fiberglassed in along with a hardtop and will also have an electronics box above. Engines are in great shape they are 440 chryslers which were put in in 1998, and maitained with kid cloves.

then the boat wlill be soda blasted and painted,thinking of ice blue for the hull,and snow white for the rest. Splash projected April 1 2008.
    photos included.

Re: Just looking for an opinion

Having trouble with posting photos. Will try again
    Attached Images

Thumbs up Re: Just looking for an opinion

a few more pics
    Attached Images

One more,
    Attached Images

This is funny I just started the same project with my 1964 41 sportfish
    I just ripped up the teak deck and im putting in Al tanks also fiberglassing front windows and replacing side windows. i was thinking about cutting out the overhang going down to the galley to open it up. I am also replacing head liner and building cabinets behind the windows i am fiberglassing over. Would love to see your pics the ones you attached are to small sned them to my email ctjeliza@aol.com

Looks good! I like an ambitious project, and you seem well along. Where
    are you located? And do work in the pics; the thumbs are tantalizing.

DAN

From Jersey.

Will put more photos up as I go on.

Your name is DrBurke,from Jersey also if so send private message.

hi,i'm down in maryland with a 34 .i have a question what speeds do you get out of 440's? thanks Ray

Hi POPRFD,

I have a 34C on the west coast, so I will have to follow your project by viewing the pictures (hope the big ones are up soon!). I also am interested in the
    answer to Ray's question: how do the 440s perform? I have perhaps the strangest gas conversion, a pair of Olds 455s, which are being repaired at this point. They are actually a pretty good choice by some PO, since they are very high torque.

It seems the nature of your undertaking appeals to a few of us. Best of luck!

DAN

The olds 455 was a very popular engine with the Maine lobstermen for many years. We had a 33' Jonesport style with one and it performed great. The conversion parts are tough to come by now and fairly expensive.
    Fred