Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Racor Plumbing and Parts Source

I have Racor 1000FGs and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions for plumbing the bowl drains. They currently have plastic twist drains that leak - drip...drip....drip. I would like to replace them with fittings and a hose that I can use for cleaning and draining. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. If I get a drain valve does it have to be any particular type of metal? Are there any kits with a pump for moving the diesel out of the filter for draining?

Additionally, does anyone have a source for the clear bowls, my racor distributor says the part number is obsolete.

tx john
    J Dickson

Re: Racor Plumbing and Parts Source

Just a guess here but I'll bet that those are automotive units. The Coast Guard would not approve drains, especially not plastic ones in a marine application. Unfortunately I no longer have a connection to a RACOR dealer or I'd have more answers, but you should be able to get the correct bowls, plugs and heat shields to upgrade them. Have you tried RACOR's website?

http://www.parker.com/EAD/displayCat...ER%20SEPARATOR
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375