Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ELECTRA VI Guest

Re: ER Lighting

I mounted a fluorescent light in the engine room on my 34C and it makes a great deal of difference, especially when I am checking the water level in my batteries.

aah924 Guest
    Thanks for all of the valuable feedback; however, I have 1 more question. Someone recommended that I purchase the single pin bulbs, that lock into place, instead of the double pin type, that may vibrate loose. I have had no luck in locating the single pin lights in anything less than 8'. Is everyone using the double pin bulbs, with the single or double bulb application? Have there been any problems with the bulbs vibrating loose?

Thanks,

Allen

Nonchalant1 Guest
    I have double pin bulbs and never had a problem and we HAVE been in really rough waves a few times. You do have to "feel" when they're seated correctly as you twist them - no big deal.

Doug Shuman

34Hatt Guest
    I have been thinking about 12v halogens I have used them in over head lighting in the salon and the rest of the boat. I am diesel the price is right, good light and low power! Anyone think they see something wrong with them????
    Dan