Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tornado

Re: Tornado

We had one that barely registered as a F-1 go right over our house while we (wife/kids/dogs) were in the basement....scarey....always thought it would be cool to see one up close (weather weenine that I am)....but no more!

Rick

Re: Tornado

Thanks for the concern, but fortunately my home and business were spared any damage at all. The path was one mile west of my house and about 1/2 mile east of our business location. I just can't believe the destruction. It appears that most of the damage was to trees and roof tops, but that mess will take some time to clean up. We now have power and internet restored to most locations. School was cancelled again today as some streets are still impassible and some power lines are still down. I'll try to post some pictures when I get time.

Don,
    When I spoke with you, my power had been restored and I was just relaxing and watching some football. I hadn't had much time to just get away from all of the work associated with the storm and I actually wasn't even thinking about the tornado when I spoke with you. It was a nice break. Again, thanks for your concern. I hope you got your boat out alright.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI