Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Picture upload assistance

I am attempting to upload a jpeg picture into a post using manage attachments and I keep getting errors. The file is 2megs. Is it too big? Can you guys give me some guidance here? Do I have to make the file smaller? If so, how? Tx mucho.
    J Dickson

Re: Picture upload assistance

Yep, WAAAAAY too big! I don't think anything bigger than around 85-90k will upload. 35-40k is a good practical size. Depending on the computer, you should have some sort of capability to resize pics. Macs can do it easily with "Preview" which is part of Mac OS. I don't recall if win machines have a native program that will do this but any photo program can do it.

Once it's resized and saved in that size, you can load it onto this site. You do have a limit here so after a while you won't be able to post more pics. Twice I've removed all my previous pics so I could post new ones. That means that I have a lot of old posts here in which the text refers to a pic but the pic is no longer there. To avoid that you can use a separate photo site, such as Photobucket and then post the link here.

why would you even want to upload a 2meg file ???

the attachement upload window tells you the file size limits...

if you dont' have any imaging software on your computer, try www.irfanview.com it's small, free, simple...

resize that jumbo sized image down to 800 pixels wide, it will be well under 100k...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I open with Adobe photoshit. Right click on adobe, Click on image size, your 2 meg will be some number in blue, merely type in 500 and the height will become 375 click OK OK OK and hit upload. Hell, I can barely type and Ive got it !! ws