Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RE: Hydrocaps

RE: Hydrocaps

Has anyone used Hydrocaps on their 8D wet cell batteries? Do they work and will they fit in 8D battery boxes?

Thanks,
    Fred

Re: Hydrocaps

I purchased them almost a year ago on the recommendation of the Rolls dealer in NJ when I got new batteries for my inverter bank. Batteries see a lot of use in a pretty hot environment, but I have not needed to add a cup of water since new. Must work. I recommend them.

Yes, they work very well. I had them on previous boats though I don't on our 53. When I bought the 53 I planned to buy them but as I've mentioned in other posts, batt access is decent and I only need to add water every 5-6 months so the caps just never made it to the top up of my "I gotta do this!" list.

The one downside that I noticed with my previous boat is that once you get used to the caps virtually stopping water use, it's easy to "forget" about the batteries completely, especially if they are in an inconvenient location. So if you install hydrocaps, don't forget that batts still need inspection periodically!

I would love to have those caps...Where do you get them and what do you ask for???

Go to Google and look up Hydrocaps. I think they are about 10.00 a cell.

Fred