Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Teak and Holly Sole

I am thinking about putting a teak and holly flooring down. Where is the best place to get it? What thickness should i get. I see that it comes in 6mm and up. Any better places to buy than others? Any tricks about install?

Chris
    1960 41' Hatteras YachtFish Hull #9

"It's not rough out, Its Hatteras weather!!"

www.captainpete.com

"We Catch'em...Ask around!"

Re: Teak and Holly Sole

Chris
    I installed a cherry and holley sole in mine last winter. I purchased the wood from East Teak, talk to George. I used marine epoxy to glue the floor down. And Epifanes 2 part for the finish. I posted some pictures.
    Chris
    Attached Images

Damn that looks good! I need to lay some of that in my boat, at least down below. Not to steal the thread, but what kind of SF price can you get teak and holly for? And does anyone know a good place down in South Florida?? That floor is awesome!
    Skrmetta90
    "Longitude 90" - 1973 45C
    Biloxi, MS

shell Hardware (SW27th ave and US1) has a big selection of wood... they have 4x8 sheet of ply with teak and holly, around $170 I think.

they also carry a lot of Teak, Mahogany, Jatoba, etc... that are great for boat projects. Also have many sheets of veneers...

what did you use for the aft deck ? it's obvkioulsy not the teak and holley interior stuff .
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I used caulk in the joints on the aft deck and bridge. Keeps it water tight.
    On the inside of the boat I used Cherry with Holley strips. My job was all done with 1 7/8" x 3/8" wood. No plywood.
    There is a place in Stuart FL that supplies wood and installation epoxy.
    www.maratimewoodproducts.com 800-274-8325.
    I purchased the epoxy from them.
    But I purchased my wood from East teak in SC. 800-338-5636
    Chris

world panel products is the distributor for most of the marine hardwoods, Jensen Beach FL, they have a web site. you can get laminated ply wood which can be a cheeper alternative or get the real stuff in any thickness you desire.

We used the plywood and it went in very nice. I would put it down with the epoxy that worldpanel sells. Polygard is the name I think. Better than West and easier to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by #9Hatteras41 View Post
    I am thinking about putting a teak and holly flooring down. Where is the best place to get it? What thickness should i get. I see that it comes in 6mm and up. Any better places to buy than others? Any tricks about install?

Chris
    Well no help with the Teak and holly. I said I know that boat have seen you in the Race a few times.
    And yes it is true what his signature say that he catches them!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>