Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Well that just sucks ( sorry for the language) but that is what come's to mind. Sorry for the lose.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my boat in a microburst, not fire but the feeling is the same. I cried like a baby when I saw my boat floating away upside down. It took me 13 years to get back to boating after that. I'm happy again with my Hat and you will recover too. It'll just take time. Ron

Sorry to hear about the fire; good luck with the salvage and the search for a new boat. Fortunately no one was hurt. The boat, even though part of your family, is replaceable even though it was a Classy hatt!!

Neosin,

If you determine that the source of the fire was something from which we could all benefit by knowing, please let us know when you discover that. The other member's boat that recently caught fire was from the shore power cord connection. As a result of his posting the cause and the symptoms, I now make it a habit of frequently (as in almost daily) checking my connections for heat and I think of that fire every time I do that check. Fire is my biggest fear - it's just about the only tragedy a Hatt cannot recover from if it's extensive.

When you're ready to start parting her out, I'm sure you'll let us know. I know I'll be interested in anything 32v that you may have, especially blowers. Sort of reminds me of the organ donor program...vital parts of her will continue to live on in her fellow Hatts. Again, I'm sorry for your loss, I know it hurts deeply.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Sorry to hear about your loss. They get to be like a family member. And losing all your hard work is tough, but in the end they are only things. You and your family being safe is the important part, of course. Hopefully you will find some recourse that gets you back in a Hatt, be it this one or another, so you and your family can make new memories.

Maybe Mr. Slane is looking for a project...
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

6. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

Neo,

Your fire was no doubt tragic. It is one nightmare indeed that I hope I never have to endure, and I am sorry that you have had to experience the loss!

Our boats become like beloved members of the family, and I hope you are beginning to cope with the reality that it could have been worse than just a material loss.

Nothing in this world, however, is more important than a person. No matter how much we treasure our boats they are indeed just things. They can be replaced.

I do hope things work out of this situation for good in your life. And I hope that the investigation, insurance claim, etc., go well and hassle free.

If I can help, let me know.

Paul
    1985 61' MY - Miss Mary Alma

"Find the good - and praise it !"

8. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Blessed Luxury Aftermath

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

9. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Master Stateroom

10. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Now insert picture of all of us in disbelief and tears and there ya have it.

More will be posted on the http://www.gulfcoastcruisers.us website as we move it etc.