Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

To most of us the boat is a family member. All of us are not "boater owners", we are boat users....

So sorry to hear about it.

Know the support I have recieved from this forum, be it for my operation back in April or the loss of my brother last week still blows me away...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Most of the owners here on HOF, like you, have put in thousands of hours of work and TLC into their boats....to lose one is almost unthinkable. They are truely labors of love, and you have our very real sympathy.

Dave

Re: Sadly our boat caught fire last night.

Breaks my heart to hear stories like this. These boats of ours really are more than just a lump of plastic and iron to us.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

We are sorry to hear of your loss. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Noel, Yukari, and Erin
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Bless your hearts...such a sad thing...so sorry...
    I have met so many people who have had fires aboard. And unlike house fires which are often due to smoking, that was never the case. It was usually a heating type appliance that shorted. Even though I live aboard, I try to to leave anything like that plugged in. I love my boat, but every night in that aft stateroom, I wonder what I'd do in a fire; there's not any easy escape route. Thank God you weren't aboard.

6. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Have a fire plan for when you are aboard. I like the fact that I have a large sliding window in the master stateroom. Smoke detectors that work and can be heard outside the boat are important also, since they will alert others and possibly head off a complete loss while you are away from the boat. I have additional fire extinguishers handy inside and outside the cabin. The emergency engine room extinguisher button is at the lower helm.

Sorry for your loss.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

I am sorry about your boat neosin that is to bad. You should have traded it for freebird and then it would be randys boat that burned up ha ha. I know you like to joke when bad things happen so I hope this is okay.

8. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Thank you guys. From my family we thank all of you and we love being a part of the family.

Gonna have to start a 50ish size MY fund. Don't know how long we will be out but it's looking like it will be quite a while. But you never know maybe i'll find another deal somewhere down the road heck with this market it can't be that hard.

It's looking like rebuilding it would cost a lot more than just finding another to buy plus we might just want a MY or some sort.

so right now it looks like we will be parting it out. After we get it to dry dock and see what we are really dealing with we just don't know.

Thanks and love you guys! Glad to be a part of the family.
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

9. Re: Sady our boat caught fire last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    I am sorry about your boat neosin that is to bad. You should have traded it for freebird and then it would be randys boat that burned up ha ha. I know you like to joke when bad things happen so I hope this is okay.

Just please no BBQ jokes hah! I don't think the bird would of had a problem doesn't look like it was a "problem" with the boat...
    ---/Neosin/--GulfCoastCruisers.us-----
    1972 Hatteras 44 TC "Blessed Luxury" (pic) Gone but still loved!

Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

This is the second fire, i believe, in the last couple of months i've heard about. I'm terribly sorry for your loss, everything everyone has said is so true. But with each ending is a new beginning, and a new oppurtunity (not to be to cliche-ish, but it's true). Good luck, our prayers are with you.
    Skrmetta90
    "Longitude 90" - 1973 45C
    Biloxi, MS