Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Orion Guest

Windshield Wiper

Does anyone know a trick for removing the windshield wiper on a 53MY. I removed the nut cap on top have sprayed it many time with WD40. All though I still haven't been able to remove it.

Thanks Orion

LtCol Berri Meyers Guest

Windshield Wiper

I am curious abour responses. I just had a ww motor die on my 61' and I suspect I will have to replace it. I am guessing this rascal is going to a 32v motor, not sure yet, haven't got around to pulling it out yet. I will be watching for great tips from this group of experts!!

Nonchalant1 Guest
    I got mine off last summer, but can't remember if there was a trick. I'll check it out this week when I go down to the boat. BTW - you may fins that it's not a 32V motor but a compressed air driven motor. Depends on the boat and the age. Mine came with compressed air motors in 1978.

Doug Shuman

wndsr Guest

windshield wiper

If you are talking about removing the arm from the shaft. An automtive style puller for removing the arm works best. You may also be able to get away with an automotive battery terminal puller as well.

Nonchalant1 Guest

Re: windshield wiper

Orion,

I checked my '78 53MY today. It has a cap to hold the wiper head on the shaft and a rubber boot under that. Lifting the rubber boot, you can get to a hex nut that secures the shaft. I think it's a splined shaft. If you take the cap off and the wiper won't come off the wiper arm, use a small "gear puller" (not expensive at Sears) to pull it straight off the arm without damaging it. Check for threads on the wiper arm or a set screw first. Mine may be no help if it's a different design than yours.

Doug