Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Lost my brother today.......

At 11:24 AM PDT today, my brother lost his battle with cancer......

He was a South Californian person, Ran marathons, ate healthy stuff, rarely drank, never smoked or (as far as I know) did drugs.....

While I eat Big Macs, Whoppers, drink a LOT of beer and a marathon to me is walking across the street for more beer....

We always had a great time arguing.... he was a (ugh) sailboater and I am of course, a real boater.... (OK, he said I was a stink boater).

This is NOT to get you to say "sorry to hear that".... But for you to realize how special family is and how you never know when something can happen.

For me, the most painful thing will be/is, I will NEVER be able to say again to people when we were together "I might be his baby brother, but he is my little brother."

He WAS 5'9" and 160 lbs while I AM 6'0" and 210
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Lost my brother today.......

Really sorry Charlie. I lost someone very special on July 11th in an accident. Here one minute, gone the next. In my thoughts every day still.. Hang in there. Time helps.

Captned

Charlie you are right some times we need to stop and realize what you have and Family is the first one!
    Sorry to here he lost his battle!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Very sorry for your loss. Just remember that every day is precious and live it to its fullest because you never know when it will be your last. Take a boat ride in his memory and always remember the good times.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I've been there and I know it's not easy.
    My best to you and your family.
    45C360-1970 ... "Good Bait" - Sag Harbor,NY
    31 Bertram Bahia Mar-1970 ... "Bertramp" - Ft Lauderdale
    21 Whaler Impact-1996 ... Ft Lauderdale, FL/Sag Harbor, NY

Charlie,

sorry to hear about your brother !
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Charlie,

I'm so sorry. I am the only girl in the family and have three brothers, two of whom are sailboaters, so I can relate. But next to Tim and my daughters, they are my best friends. Family is everything.

Our condolences to you and your family.

Julie

Charlie, Cherish the good memories of your "little Brother" forever and look ahead as if he were by your side! Our prayers for the family!

You are very wise....enjoy all time with family, friends, and loved ones. I lost my mom a couple years ago to cancer; worst time to have it happen...18yr old freshman in college. I grew up quickly after that.

Every time I get angry, sad, frustrated, or "wish I had this" I step back and realize how truly lucky I am to just be alive and living such a great life. Whenever drama strikes (happens a lot with immature people my age) I tell people to chill out because there are much bigger problems in the world. They often spit back "what the f*ck do you know?" I just smile and say, "trust me, I know".

I'm sorry for your loss, but at least you got to spend time with him.

I'm sorry to hear your brother lost that fight. I hope some of the words and messages expressed from everyone on this thread somehow help you through it. Hang in there.
    Skrmetta90
    "Longitude 90" - 1973 45C
    Biloxi, MS