Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1960's 41 Salon Pictures

Looking to update and restore the Interior of a 1960 41 Hatt Yachtfish.

Please post pictures of yours or ones you have seen/have pictures of.

Thanks

Chris
    Last edited by #9Hatteras41; 10-09-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Re: 1960's 41 Salon Pictures

You're already pretty close to a great source of interior pictures for that vintage.

http://www.hatterasowners.com/models.htm

Eric

i had seen the 41 brochures a while back but forgotten how beautiful THE original Hatteras is... wow !

i assume by your user name that yours is hull #7 ? another wow !

post some pictures... please !! :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

The boat I will be buying/restoring is pictured here www.captainpete.com

its currently a charter boat in CT. There are a few pictures of the exterior on that site. I will take some of the current interior this weekend.

The brochures are great to see what it could of looked like originally, but I am looking for Updates that people have done and any other ideas that peopel had to make the salon better.

Chris

Here is one that I really like. I stole some ideas from it.

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1702186

there is another 41 on YW listed as hull nr 7 in california...

what most people notice in these boats when they first come aboard is the wood and the veneers, I think that's one important thing to consider and restore.

a nice teak and holy cabin sole is a great upgrade... lighting is also important, older fixture or fluos look really dated, some nice recessed halogens make a big difference.

lighter colored furniture (sofa) is important too.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Bump....
    1960 41' Hatteras YachtFish Hull #9

"It's not rough out, Its Hatteras weather!!"

www.captainpete.com

"We Catch'em...Ask around!"

I know the Sea Sprite. She's from my area. I was told that she was the first 41' to have diesels installed by Hatteras. They did not know how big the exausts were going to have to be, so they ran them down the inner stringers. That's why the outlets are so close together in the transome.

I don't know much more about her but, for a charter boat, she is kept in pretty good shape.

Good luck with her!

Capt K

Right on with the exhast... UNIQUE is the only way to describe her.... solid as a tank.... but time to Update her interior... ...

Chris
    1960 41' Hatteras YachtFish Hull #9

"It's not rough out, Its Hatteras weather!!"

www.captainpete.com

"We Catch'em...Ask around!"

I also know your boat-'Sea Sprite"-docked in Old Saybrook. I have the 34' Sedan-1964 -hull # 23-"Sprite".I have been at Ferry Point Marina with various boats since 1978.Recently joined MYC in Chester-and summer there. Still- winter store at Brewers Ferry Point.I see ya out fishing several times a year.I will stop by and give a high some time.Hope you can make the Greenport event-if you don't have any charter that weekend.Mix' Sprite".

p.s. I bought the "Sprite" from a great old fellow in Huntington,L.I.Was "Sprite"-and being from the old ways of boating -kept the name-not wishing to "rock the boat"-and the 1st mate likes it.