Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Window Stains

LJohnson Guest

Window Stains

I seem to have stains or etching on my cabin glass. Looks like salt stains. Windex does not seem to remove it. What is this stuff and how do I treat it?

mike41tc Guest

windows

Its probably water has wicked up between the 2 panes of laminated safety glass. If it is you can only replace the glass.
    Mike

George Guest

Window cleaner

Look for Winsol Window cleaner. You can see it @ www.winsol.com Use rubber gloves and a soft sponge. wet your windows, pour the winsol on the sponge, wipe the window quickly until the spots are gone, you'll see the window getting smooth and rinse completly. Be carefull for surrounding paint, that you rinse off completly. I do this once a year to my 1985 and it works great. I have the same gallon I purchased 3 seasons ago, so it does not take a lot.

34Hatt Guest

Re: Stains

Is it like spots on the outside? It is probally from acid rain you can use compond and a polisher just like for a car works great. When I do my truck I go right over all the glass with compound then wax.
    Dan

Traveler 45C Guest

Re: Stains

Here is the link to the Winsol MSD page. www.winsol.com/550MSDS.htm.

I wonder if this stuff is available from Home Depot, just under a different name?

Greg

53hatt Guest

Window Stains

Bon Ami works great on removing etched stains on the exterior of the glass. Mix in a small bowl and make a paste. For stubborn areas, a little steel wool to apply the Bon Ami.