Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CCTV cameras

mikep996 Guest

CCTV cameras

What kind and specification of CCTV camera should I be looking at for engine room monitoring? My just-ordered Garmin 3010C has two CCTV inputs and I'm afraid that leaving them unconnected will provoke a citation from the "Computer and Other Geek Oriented High-Tech Gizmos Police."

Trojan Guest

cctv

Mike your as bad as me.I can't Wait till next month.till I start getting My goody's.I think I'm having electron withdrawals.Bill

jlr Guest

CCTV Cameras

Mike - check out the Supercircuits site. I bought small, fixed mount, black and white cameras for the engine room that have no audio. Very inexpensive. Make sure that the ones you buy have the resolution to be able to read the mechanical gauges you are putting in the engine rooom? Also, do not waste money on cameras that see in the dark (they don't). You should also work out a setup that when the cameras are on, your engine room lights are on.

mikep996 Guest

Re: CCTV Cameras

Thanks jlr,

I ordered a pair of PC106C cameras with 6mm lenses from Super Circuits. I think they will be perfect for the application.

www.supercircuits.com/ind...rodID=4128

petertscully Guest

CCTV

Does anyone have any ideas for cameras aft. IE when docking. Where is the best place to mount it and where to run the cable. I have one favorite piling that I would love to miss!!!!

rtrafford Guest

camera

how about an underwater variety? anyone with good success and a prefered mounting location?

Roger Guest

Camera

You need to do a little more research, I have an infare camera that does a great job in the dark engine room. Not all night vision cameras are the same, their abilty to see greater distance is a function of the number of red LEDS they contain, the less expensive have limited ability, those with a larger cluster of LEDS have greater capability. You don't necessarily need color. I bought mine from www.123securityproducts.com. It has 50+ LED, I can see a great image, cost under $150, plus its weatherproof and is powered by 12 volts, here the info, good luck

The WDB-5007S is a weatherproof high-resolution low light video camera with IR illuminators. Its 430 lines of resolution will give you a crystal clear picture during the day and the high output illuminators will brighten the dark night. The 56 build in IR LED illuminators will allow you to see in the dark (0 LUX)in distances up to 24 FT. Its compact weatherproof housing makes this camera ideal for numerous indoor and outdoor applications. It operates on 12 volts DC power supply.
    Dimension: 3.7 inches in diameter by 2.7" long.
    Includes: 12 Volt DC power supply, 25 feet RCA video cable for easy connection to TV or VCR.

Item Code : WDB5007S
    Availability: Usually ships the same business day.

jlr Guest

cctv

That should do it.

tomrealest Guest

cameras, reverse image??

I have a Standard Horizon %%WORD3%00 with the camera inputs. I have a 58 Yachtfish with a dinghy on the top that keeps me from seeing the stern when docking. I was thinking of a rear view camera BUT the IMAGE NEEDS to be reversed. In other words, what I see in the screen would be opposite of the reality.

If anybody understands what I'm saying I would appreciate some input.