Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

Calendar

Are Calendar entries viewable to all registered members or just the member who made the entry?

Re: Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Passages
    Are Calendar entries viewable to all registered members or just the member who made the entry?
    The Calendar is a public calendar. Any entry made by any user is viewable to all.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Re: New Forum

I love the new forum. You did a great job with it. Keep up the good work. I read it everyday, some times more.
    Ron

Question Re: New Forum

Doug,
    I sent an email to another member. How would they know an email was sent to them? Does it show an alert after you log on or what?
    Ron

First of all, the user you sent the email must have checked the box allowing email from other users during registration (or in options in the USER CP). If they allow email from other users, they would get a regular email from this forum with your message in their in box (Outlook for example).

If you send a private message to another user, they will see that they have a private message in the upper right hand corner under the Welcome, username.

If the user left the private message popup notification box checked during registration, he or she would also get a popup notification that they have a private message the next time they sign on.

Private messages work within this forum and email works with the user's email client.

You can test this by clicking on member list, finding your username, and sending yourself an email or private message to see how it works.

Thanks Doug for clearing that up for me. I see the private message notice when I log on but wasn't sure if the email stayed within the forum.
    Ron

Smile Re: New Forum

Doug,

I was gone for three weeks moving the Morning Star from Mobile, AL to Hampton, VA (2nd leg to Nova Scotia from the Tenn. River- 2,120 miles so far). When I got home I logged on and found WOW!!!!!!!!!!! an unreal web site. This is without a doubt one of the best if not the best web sites I have ever seen!!

Thanks to you and the team for providing this worthwhile site.

Dennis
    Morning Star

P.S. Is it just me or do you have to log on again if you go to other sections of the site???? I know I have some learning to do but I am loving it .

"P.S. Is it just me or do you have to log on again if you go to other sections of the site???? I know I have some learning to do but I am loving it ."
    Thanks Dennis. I'm glad you like the new site.

If you are having to log into the site multiple times while using the forum, my guess is that it is a cookie problem.

Did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in?

Doug,

Yes I did click the remember me "button". I have noticed when I use the tabs at the top of the section I am in I do not have to log in again when it goes to the new section. However, if I use the scroll down tabs and leave the section I am currently in I have to resign in i.e. go from general back to home I have to sign in again.

Try it and see if it happens to you. Although with you main pooba top security clearance it may not happen to you :>:>!!

Thanks for the help and again, This is an exemplary site!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis
    Morning Star

Images

Smile Re: New Forum

The format and ease of use of this formum is terrific. Far better than the previous version.
    Richard