Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

Re: New Forum

How do you get an Avatar anyway to post in your profile?

Larry K.

Lightbulb Re: New Forum

Actually, you have made my life a little easier. Importing the old threads over to one forum in the General Discussion will be easier for me to do. I've changed it back so that everything is under one category in General Discussion.

Thanks for the input!
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com

Talking Re: New Forum

All this new stuff looks great. Being the computer dummy that I am, it will take me a while to get used to the new form. Thanks to all responsible.
    Safe Boating,
    Sam

Talking Re: New Forum

Doug,

Great Job on the new forum!

I agree with not splitting up general discussion and "technical". I like to peruse all subjects together.

My only comment is that it only uses about half the page (the middle half) which leaves a lot of unused space on my screen and unnecessarily increases the length of the postings and the required scrolling.

Thanks Again!

Doug Shuman

PS - Cool that every word MikeP's entire sentence is wrong, but would pass spell check! Do you have to be a spell check laureate for that?

Thanks Doug,

Glad you mentioned the fixed screen thing. I've set up three different syles that users can choose to view the forum. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of any page and look for the drop down box on the bottom left. It will default to the Blue Saint style which is a fixed length centered table. However, you can pick either of the other two (Blue Saint Liquid or Default Style) and either of those styles will give you a full horizontal screen.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

I just wanted to put something in here to see if I could. I think this forum is going to work just fine.

Thumbs up Re: New Forum

This is looking GREAT much more powerful and lots of options. Only had one problem when trying to put up a profile picture using the option of linking to a picture it said to large but the picture was the 100x100, the same picture I was able to upload with no problem?????
    Thanks too all!!!!!
    This Edit feature also works Great !!
    Last edited by 34Hatt; 04-14-2005 at 12:25 PM.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Testing the photo post thingie

Brigadoon at Liberty Landing Marina, NY Harbor

Thumbs up Re: New Forum

WOW! Neato

...Are you sure you don't want to charge a nominal subscription fee? I almost feel bad using a site this good for nothing!

Wink Re: New Forum

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP996
    WOW! Neato

...Are you sure you don't want to charge a nominal subscription fee? I almost feel bad using a site this good for nothing!
    Thanks Mike and to everyone who has taken the time to comment on the new site. Hopefully, the threads from the old site will be on here soon and I can open it up for use.

Thanks for the offer but we've decided the site will remain free to all. Right now I have the system on a shared server but my guess is we'll need to purchase a dedicated server to host it all down the road. That's fine and I hope we do because that will mean the site is a success!

We may try to sell a little marine related advertising on the site somewhere down the road to help offset some of the costs, but I don't want to overdo it.

Through one of our sister companies, Deep River Traders that also handles the Hatteras Collection merchanise program, we will soon be offering a vintage line of Hatteras Tshirts. A portion of the proceeds will also go towards up keep of this site.

Just keep Sam's Marine in mind when you need a part for your boat and help us spread the word.

Oh by the way, the first design we'll be offering on the vintage tees is the 53MY!