Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: "Deeply Disturbing" What??&^%$#

24 is not a reality show. Calm down. I don't like nukes but they are a fact of life and we need our military to be able to keep them safe. Cutting the balls off the guy who either followed directions or mis read them will not stop nukes from traveling. They need to be moved from time to time. Like on Subs, Airplanes and ships.

This seems to be another press screwup over a relatively minor incident. hell less people were harmed that when Martha Stewart screwed with the stock market. Put it in perspective.

Remember to stand behind the people in our military as they have sacrificed a lot. Do not put any trust in the politicians though as they do not sacrifice they run for office for their own agenda.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

HAHA, do you guys even know how many thousands of nuclear weapons we have?

Contrary to what ya'll think, they just don't "explode" even if dropped out of a b52 on accident.

Spend the effort bitching and moaning about something that matters, like the fact that Wallstreet may get "helped" along by your friendly fed or the abundance of wasteful subsidies our fed gov likes to hand out lol farmers, etc
    Last edited by krush; 09-06-2007 at 01:22 PM.

I thought school started in September but I support our president who some blame for every thing that has happened in this country sense the 911 attack. Like most people where I come from I was a democrat until I made more than the minimum wage now I know better. I dont agree with all he has done but at least he sticks with things he starts. I dont think we have alot of atomic bombs now like when I was in the service because we have rockets. I dont think anybody thinks you can drop a bomb by accident where it will blow up. that doesnt even happen in the movies.

i grew up in orlando fl where I still am. Our family home was in the flight path for McCoy AFB nka Orlando International. (if you have ever flown here you will note your ticket says MCO instead of OIA. anyhow in the 60's and early 70's McCoy was a SAC base. The 52's, U2's, AWAX, and fighters flew over constantly and yes the 52's had live warheads on board.

Flyover with warheads is not the issue, the issue is that the weapons got away without the right people knowing about it. How easy would it be for the ragheads to steal them with this type of poor inventory and security control. Most people know they wont go off without detonators however there can be radiation leaks that wont do anyone much good.

Krush, what would be your choice. have the fed bail out the dumbass financial institutions or have our economy collapse. Fed has bailed out financial instituions in the past, you can research the savings an loan problem from the 80's. Ask anyone in Texas about S&L's and look up Lincoln Savings and Loan.

Most people don't even know that in our nuclear weapons history we've had six "Broken Arrows" or lost nuclear weapons, and that's just ours. Nobody's too worried about them, but we're concerned about a few taking a joyride while in the control of the U.S. military.

While it is a mistake that needs to be addressed, I would spend more energy worrying about who's handling them in North Korea, or worse yet Iran.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Some body told me I could get in troubel for posting that story so here it is again.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/nuclear...05121009990001
    Last edited by Sparky1; 09-06-2007 at 03:24 PM.

As I see it, the biggest problem here is that politicians are involved.
    I've met and talked with many over the years. Of all that I have spoken with, I have met few who had enough brains to find their own butt with both hands. They all, however, are very good at pointing fingers and telling you what you want to hear whether it be the truth or not.
    Illegitimum non carborundum
    My drinking team has a fishing problem.

I'm not buying the whole story ? somthing is up or they are sending a signal?
    Why is it that in Iraq they are useing the newest Russian shape charge grenades on the humvees now? how did they get them ? We spent Billons on a new deep vee truck for the millitary for Iraq and now they come up with thies new grenades???
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

9. Re: "Deeply Disturbing" What??&^%$#

Oh c'mon guys, how do you think they move these things around from one place to another?

Second, without detonators installed and armed, they won't go off. Even if dropped. Nor will they "leak". The cores are VERY well-protected.

You drop one without being armed it just makes a hole where it plays "lawn dart." No explosion.

A bit of sabre-rattling? I suspect so. Maybe a reminder to Iran......
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I find it hard to believe that a single commander was the only one involved. It sounds like the Abu Ghraib prison fiasco all over again. The only difference is they figured out that they probably couldn't get away with blaming some lowly airman or maybe a sargent.
    I also agree that this would have blown over if the press hadn't given the politicians a chance to grab some headlines. Politicians and diapers should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.
    Just my opinion, Fred