Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    eze2bme Guest

Non-Skid Deck Cleaner

I have just tried a new non-skid deck cleaner that works. Not only does it clean the non-skid areas well ... it dissolves the black oily spots that spiders leave behind. It's made by Starbrite and is called Non-Skid Deck Cleaner. As soon as you squirt this on an area the black spider droppings begin to dissolve. I do not work for Starbrite ... this is not an advertisement. I just wanted to share something that works!

Now if I can just figure out how to keep the spiders off in the first place!!!!

wshelton Guest

cleaner

Hey, Tom sounds like your enjoying you boat. Here is another cleaning method for the spider crap. In a five gallon bucket add 2 to 3 cups of Chlorox Ultra Bleach and Kit Car Wash per instructions. Works great, too. I have hab no problems thus far with this hurting the paint finsih, or wax removal. It's amazing the difference, at half the cost.

Bob Bradley Guest

Work on diesel soot?

No, my engines don't smoke that much. I dock almost directly under I-95 in New Haven, CT, and the soot from the truck traffic that accumulates on the boat all week is unbelievable. I wash the boat on the weekend after fishing, and by the next weekend, if I walk on the boat in the morning dew, I leave black footprints everywhere. And it has ground into the nonskid as well.

Trojan Guest

Re: Work on diesel soot?

Mean Green is the only thing that we use on spider droppings.Just spray it on.The black spider crap just runs off.Wash off with soapy water.On my white hull it leaves a faint yellow mark until it dries.Simple Green does not work, do not confuse them.I use home protection from Ortho to control spiders in and around the boat.Bill

eze2bme Guest

Spider poop

Trojan ... where do you get "Mean Green" and what Ortho home protection product do you use and how much do you apply? I've tried Home Pest Control and sprayed on the dock lines but they still get aboard. Kinda afraid to spray on the Isenglas but the spiders love to "nest" under the flaps at the zippers. Thanks.

Trojan Guest

Re: Spider poop

Mean Green is cheap.You get it at the Big Lots store or Family dollar.I won't be at the boat till spring but I thinks its called Home Defence its sold in a green plastic spray bottle by Ortho.It dosn't smell real nice at first but it goes away.Bill