Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: blue light, white light

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    interesting !

etiqwhat ? :-) just look around and see how many boats leave their Stars and Stripes flying 24/7/365, even torn and faded like it's been trampled by a crowd of angry muslims or G8 protestors...

Blaise, speaking of which, you never did explain that heirloom tucked behind the defunct outboard thread. At least no one can accuse you of flying it. LOL
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Sometimes I think I was born 50 years (at least) too late. I would have fit in better with the etiquette crowd though I probably couldn't have afforded it.

Then again, I feel privileged to have been alive and in my teens/early 20's in the 1960's. It was an unbelievable era - music, cars, social change, etc. Wonder if the youngsters will ever see anything like it? I hope so but it's hard to imagine the same confluence of technology and events.

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know) View Post
    Blaise, speaking of which, you never did explain that heirloom tucked behind the defunct outboard thread. At least no one can accuse you of flying it. LOL

Must have great sentimental value !! Of course we all know to fly the ensign on the taft and Old Glory on the top. Thats also the VICE comador penant below it. I'm the local president (comador of vice!) of the VBC ! Down here we're all Vulgar boatmen (??) ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 08-22-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    That device is an "owner absent/meal light" Blue light on means owner is not onboard. White light on means owner is having supper. These are obviously used at night. During the day there are corresponding flags with the same meaning. You must own a rather large Hatteras yacht as the smaller yachts generally don't have these. This is something from the "old days" of yachting when there was still courtesy and decorum. I'm old enough to remember that far back!

thanks - it's a 1986 63cpmy.

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Must have great sentimental value !! Of course we all know to fly the ensign on the taft and Old Glory on the top. Thats also the VICE comador penant below it. I'm the local president (comador of vice!) of the VBC ! Down here we're all Vulgar boatmen (??) ws

The only thing that better be flying is "Vulgar boatman/Commode-a-dor" guy after that honey. She's rowing away!!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know) View Post

yeah well.. it's not flying... just haven't decided how to properly dispose of it !

and the outboard is not defunct... it's running! not great yet... but running
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Why hell... she's towing the SUB. The hawser dropped into the water, thats why you cant see it !! LOLOL... STROKE ! STROKE ! STROKE ! ws

I always wanted a meal/absent light. They cost a fortune and you can't even find them anywhere. Of course my Wife does not cook on the boat so I guess I could just get a single blue bulb at HD.

Bill,
    just don't let her give you a stroke!!

I get stroked no matter where I go !!

"Vulgar boatman/Commode-a-dor" guy I like that a lot ! ;-)
    You guys usually cant spell too well but that one busted my BQQLLS roflol ! ws