Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: blue light, white light

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    Why hell... she's towing the SUB. The hawser dropped into the water, thats why you cant see it !! LOLOL... STROKE ! STROKE ! STROKE ! ws

Here, here now. Tisk, tisk, there may be Grand Banks folks reading this thread. Let's keep it tidy. No more talk about, uhhh, love making!

WS, is that what they call the Cat-En-Ary effect?

Disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Hers dont catenary, but the pointers turned setter
    ws

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    I always wanted a meal/absent light. They cost a fortune and you can't even find them anywhere. Of course my Wife does not cook on the boat so I guess I could just get a single blue bulb at HD.
    Perko still builds them and yes, they are quite pricey. I own one that was a gift to me from our resident ER Doc, Jim Rosenthal. I am still in the design phase of a new mast for my boat that will accomodate my Radar and among other things, my new meal/absent light. I look forward to getting it installed and in use.

And I agree with Mike P. I feel like I live in the wrong century.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Perko still builds them and yes, they are quite pricey. I own one that was a gift to me from our resident ER Doc, Jim Rosenthal. I am still in the design phase of a new mast for my boat that will accomodate my Radar and among other things, my new meal/absent light. I look forward to getting it installed and in use.

And I agree with Mike P. I feel like I live in the wrong century.

Bertram put the lights on a lot of their MYs. I have had a couple promised to me when the old masts were removed. So far nada. I guess it would look funny on a SF anyway!
    Maybe install it on the Chris. I have a very cool mast on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Then again, I feel privileged to have been alive and in my teens/early 20's in the 1960's. It was an unbelievable era - music, cars, social change, etc. Wonder if the youngsters will ever see anything like it?
    To answer your question simply...no. Heck, I can barely walk down the quiet streets of Blacksburg at night minding my own business after enjoying the bar scene without being aware of the fact that I could get a drunk in public.

The megayacht crews often use the blue light to signal other crews that they are welcome to come over and party on board because the owner is away!!!