Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Need to replace built in Microwave Oven

Over the weekend my microwave bit the dust. It's an original factory installed unit fitting right under the stove top of a 1988 36 sedan. My question is has anyone replaced their unit ,and if so do you have the measurements for a replacement unit? The boat is over 100 miles from where I live and I forgot to take measurements before we left on Sunday? The old unit was a Litton, low tech no frills microwave.

Thanks,
    Tony Daily

Re: Need to replace built in Microwave Oven

Ahhh, the "Little Litton!" That microwave is nothing special except that I don't believe it's manufactured anymore. It was an off-the-shelf oven you could buy at Wal*Mart. I had one in my house many years ago. I had kept it and used it in the office after upgrading the house microwave at some point. Then, when I didn't need it anymore, it sat in storage until a friend of mine saw it there and told me to not to ever get rid of it because it was the same one in his boat (the original one from when his boat was new) and he wanted to have it when his went kapooy. Not long thereafter, it did and I gave it to him. Fit perfectly in the hole.

I googled "Little Litton" to see if I could find the dimensions for you. Didn't find that, but someone in Manhattan is giving one away for free if she's still got it (http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/hsh/394915049.html).
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: Need to replace built in Microwave Oven

Thanks for the help and information but the plan is to install a new one. Even if this one started working again I'd still replace it. Ill measure things this weekend.

Tony D