Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Philly to Annapolis

This has nothing to do with boating, other than the fact that Slow Lane will be getting a bottom job while we're out of town. Just can't pass up the wealth of information available from you guys.

Tim and I will be flying to Philly next week, then driving to Annapolis, staying overnight, then on to DC. Would appreciate directions for a scenic drive from Philly to Annapolis and any recommendations for dining in any of the three areas, i.e. seafood, steak, Sunday brunch in DC.

Thanks,
    Julie

Re: Philly to Annapolis

Julie,

I can’t believe you are asking this. The options are limitless.

From Philly go SE to Wilmington. From there pick up US #1 south. Once you pass Dover, the possibilities are far too much for this thread to mention, Lowes, st. Michaels, Oxford, etc., etc.

Your biggest problem it TIME. If time allows, the “DelMarVa” area has boundless opportunities to poke around in charming small towns, little known seafood diners, antique stores, fisheries, and senic seaside communities.

If you are into photography, buy several rools of film (or a bigger chip for your digital).

Best thing to do is to strike out with minimal planning and let your instincts take you as time allows. The DelMarVA is as much a start of mind as it is a place.

This won’t be your first trip.
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately we are limited by time. We are driving from Philly to Annapolis on Friday, then to DC on Saturday and flying home to Jacksonville from there on Monday.

Julie, Although there are literally hundreds of options in the DC area for Sunday brunch, I've always been partial to the Old Town Alexandria area. Part of that is because it's close to the house, but also because there is a great variety of very good eateries there. I can PM you some info, but you cannot go wrong with Bilbo Baggins' Restaurant at 208 Queen Street, the Charthouse at 1 Cameron Street (sit outside on the Potomac River) or any number of super little places on King Street within a few blocks of the River. Part of the experience/fun is walking around Old Town and taking in the sites of this colonial era town. PM me if you have any questions. Jeff

Spend some time in downtown Naptown while you are here, and walk around. Make notes for your return trip. Eat at the Yin Yankee, or the Chart House, or Carroll's Creek.

We had planned on Carroll's Creek and Chart House since others had recommended them as well. Waterfront is always a good choice.

Thanks to all for the travel info.