Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. From the "most dangerous job" show

OK,

I admit I am hooked on that show..... ( l like Sig best).

Have also watched the version usijng the N.E. lobstermen, which isn't nearly as good as the crab fishermen...

But now I am watching "Tuna Wranglers" on the Discovery Channel. This is a neat show and totally interesting on how they catch thousands of tuna on one boat in a net then transfer the fish to a "holding pen" that is towed back to port keeping the fish alive....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: From the "most dangerous job" show

I'm watching it now too...I have a friend in auzzyland, looks fun, maybe I should change careers before I even start one haha

Thanks for the heads up. I just turned it on.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Watching those guys wrestle sharks reminded me of discussing a 'yard bill' at a marina - but with more wiggle room! Pretty interesting show, not as many colorful salts but very interesting! My fishing trips seem somewhat 'skimpy' by comparison, must be the accent?
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

could that fit in your boat Tod? If so I may want to buy it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hmmmm lets see here, 6 meters = 19.685039 feet. Yep it will just fit, IF YOU'VE LOST YOUR FRIGGEN' MIND
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

When I was a teen in Naples Fla.. I worked on a 27ft shark boat. There was 3 of us. We had a trout line about 150/200 yards long and made of chain. At each end was a 55 gallon drum attached as a float. About every 30 ft was a 6 FT. chain leader and a 8 inch hook. On the front starboard gunnel of the boat was a wooden drum about 12 inches in dia. and protruded horazontal outboard. The gunnel was about 14 inches wide. We had a 14ft. derick in the center of the boat to help lift sharks on board. We would hook the chain over the drum and run the chain down the gunnel and out the stern of the boat. The first person was to sedate the shark. Sedation depended on the sharks size. We would place the boat in gear at idle and it would just follow the trout line. The middle man was to help remove the shark and position it on the deck. The third man was to bate the hook and see that it went over and out the stern. I don't think we caught anything that big, but we did have 3 that we could not get in the boat. We averaged about 6 sharks a day. Great fun. All we had was a compass. No life jackets, radio, flares, Nothing. We were licenced to fish the entire west coast of Florida. This was in the 60's. Marco Island had an old wooden bridge. We would take our sharks to Marco Island and prepare them. Great fun back then.

BILL

Bill,

I am jealous of your America. My generation can't even wipe our own a$$ without being told how to do it by big brother watching out for us.

10. Re: From the "most dangerous job" show

Krush,

Every generation wishes it was born "earlier".....

But understand a few things, we didn't have A/C in our house till I was 9 but we never missed it, till after we got it...And we lived in S. Fla.

I remember on sunday evenings about 100 people sitting in front of the local TV store as it had a COLOR TV set in it's front window and we watch the Wonderfull World of Disney(about the ONLY show in color). It was new then and no one had or could afford one. Plus we only had 3 channels to watch anyway.

And I remember laughing out loud when an "old man" told me to just enjoy this part of my life as I was 20 and he said "for you, this WILL be the Good Old Days".

He was really old too.... Like 56 or so.......... Wait ! I'M NOW 56 !!!!!

And he was right....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com