Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sisters

Re: Sisters

Not for nothing is Mack Isle termed a "rough harbor". Some days you bounce real good in the slip.

How great are those shots, esp. those big girls side by each (U.P. term). I have not seen D.L., since his MBA graduation years ago.

A year ago I was dropping the dingy in the Mack Isle while anchored in the "wait in the harbor fleet", waiting for a slip. A Shepler Ferry saw me there and hot-footed it and swung his stern to throw a 3-4 foot wake on me...drenched foot to head...I know Bill, so he better be glad the water was warm and no harm done...fun actually.

Sky, nice shots all....
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 08-05-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: update
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Wink Re: Sisters

Hello Sky:

Thanks for posting. That was really fun....and just so everyone knows we "planned it". I never could figure out how to post a pic here hahaha.

DC

I've been to the island a couple of times. I'm glad you youngsters are having a good time.

Hull number 92

Thanks for the gracious comments. Maybe next year we can get a few more Hatts in the same harbor at the same time for some more pictures.

If the galley ever gets fixed on this site, I will post some of these there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Really nice shots we don't see many from up there.
    Thanks

And how do you know they are both sister?????? :-}}
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Sisters? Well, they are consecutive hull #s and they look alike
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Pascal,
    In tidal areas, I find it easier to tie off with the bow out, but in the lakes, I usually go bow in. We enjoy the privacy of having the back deck open out to the water and not to the dock. The views from the salon and back deck are much nicer that way. From what I can tell, it seems to be fairly common up here.

And no, we're not sailors (not that there's anything wrong with that).
    Whew...Sure glad us sailors are OK Sky. We always bring sailboats in bow first as the rudder and tiller get crazy when backing. The tiller wants to go full over if you get it just a little of center. Twin screw powerboats like to have their props pulling them when in reverse. The bow always follows. As you say though, Sky, sometimes the view is much better when the boat is in bow first. Sorry we missed each other in Cheboygan.