Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Insurance hell

Re: Insurance hell

Chris, that's exactly what's happening. That can only happen when there is no competition. Just like here in Florida.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

2. Re: Insurance hell

You can also call them and tell them you are looking to purchase (insert boat size, age, condition, etc) and would like to know about their coverage and rates, assuming that the boat survey matches what they are quoting, and you would like to get coverage if you purchase the boat. That way you can be vague about some of the details, just explain you will have to get that information from the boat broker. Pull out you current policy and ask them the hard questions or ask to see a sample policy.

If you tell them you already own the boat they will treat you differently. Don't believe me, have a friend call your broker and ask for a quote using the above circumstances, you will either be relieved that you have a good price or you will be mad.

I don't know many ways you can shop without getting snared. Maybe our resident insurance broker and can give us some pointers. LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

Actually Chris,
    I'm going through this right now. The insurance co won't give me a quote unless i give the hull# of the boat I plan to buy!
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    But insurance is a regulated industry. Just not properly regulated. Government inefficiency?
    Sorry, "Government inefficiency" is not an oxymoron!!
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...