Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Italian Job

The Italian Job

Hello All,
    As some of you know, for the past year I have been looking for a Hatt SF. After narrowing my focus down to Strikers and Hatts, I had further narrowed my aim to Hatts in general, then a 60C. Over the past few months I had become somewhat paralyzed by a combination of a lot of choices and a deteriorating market, pretty much unable to make a decision.
    Well here's what happened. While on a little R&R in Portofino in May, we stumbled across a nifty-looking 33' center console, which I figured with a little adaptation could be configured as a very nice pocket sportfish. Well, after contacting the small yard which builds the boats, one thing led to another after quite a bit of back and forth and I have obtained the concession for the boats for North America. Our plan is to ship bare boats to the US to install power and make final fit-out there. Not a great time to get into the boat business and we also have the added challenge of a tanking dollar which is going to make the boats very expensive; on the other hand, things can't get much worse, right?
    The bottom line is that I am going to blow all my Hatt money on this project which will delay my original plan of cruising the islands and figuring out what to do next after 20-odd years in Europe. Without getting too sentimental, I want to thank all of you contributors as it has been the best place to keep up with boat things going on stateside and also convinced me that Hatt owners are special; HOF is the best sales tool Hatteras has. I might add, it's really swell how you all supported Randy (the prodigal son) in his time of need and great reading, too.
    Unless anyone has any objections, I will continue to hang around HOF and keep up with you guys. We plan to head back stateside around November after our first boat is finished and will probably settle in Freeport (GBI). We hope to have the boat ready for MIBS, so hope to meet some of you there. As far as our 60C goes "I'll be back".
    Oops, special thanks to Lucky Dave for spending all that time on the phone with me educating me on the 60.
    Thanks, Levis

Re: The Italian Job/Insurance???

Rather than playing google roulette, does anyone know of a decent insurance broker in S.Fla whom I could use for both business and boat insurance?

Re: The Italian Job

Sure do!

Travis G. Campbell of Olin Hill & Associates
    (239) 945-1900 x253 phone
    (239) 945-3163 fax
    travis@olinhill.com
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang,
    Thanks for the info! I'll contact them this week.
    Best,
    Levis

Try Susan Fischer at "Marsh" in Ft, Lauderdale. Shes great.
    954-761-2260

Captned

Many thanks, I'll give her a try.