Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

2007 Hatteras Yacht Expo

I just wanted to say a few words about this event. Well maybe one, "Fantastic". If anyone here went I think they will agree with me that it was a first class event and Hatteras really knows how to treat their customers well. The party's, demos, and plant tours were all great. Thought I would relay a couple of tech tidbits that I picked up. Hatteras plans to have all models converted over to the resin infusion process by the end of the year. That's the target anyway. If you are not familar with the process lets just say that it is the cutting edge of fiberglass laminating technology. The parts produced are a huge step forward from hand lamination. They currently have a 64c in process that will get three Cat engines. Yes three. I was told they could get more horsepower in a lighter package with the three cats than the standard two MANs. Hull is already made with the three engine setup. WOW!! Took test rides on many models. They were all great. The Hatterascal, 60c does 44 knots. That's just unreal feeling when you're use to 18 knots. The 54c felt like you were on a 20' center console. Handling and acceleration were unreal. For you Motoryacht guys the 56 is targeted for a Miami boat show debut. There were many interested customers looking forward to seeing that one come out. If there were any forum members there I am sorry I didn't get to meet you. I did meet Doug, our administrator. Really nice guy. Just thought I'd past on the info.

Barry

Re: 2007 Hatteras Yacht Expo

We missed it as my wife had a manager quit the day before. I was looking forward to meeting Dave Farrell and Walker Holcomb.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Re: 2007 Hatteras Yacht Expo

Hi Barry,

It was great meeting you at the Expo. I agree, Hatteras did a great job with the event and I think everyone who attended really enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. The Expo gave the attendees a first hand opportunity to get to know Hatteras and provided insight into what they are doing to continually advance their product development and design. There are a couple of points I will expand on. The resin infusion process is one of the technological advancements Hatteras is investing in but I’ve been told they will not have all of their models converted by year end. Also, the boat that is in process with three engines is the 77 Convertible - not the 64C, and that model is not available with MAN engines. You are correct; Hatteras’ goal is to obtain more horsepower in a lighter package than the standard two engine configuration presently offers, which is indeed exciting.

I’m glad you enjoyed the event. Everyone I talked to who attended were really glad they did.
    Doug Langley, Forum Admin
    Sam's Marine International
    http://www.samsmarine.com