Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Why I need a hat....some may be jealous! PICS no 56k

I know nobody will be jealous of this. I finally got one of my fleet going this summer (been so busy with building my bro's house I had no time to turn wrenches). Cliff notes: Prev Owner put aftermarket fuel injection with Alumunim intake manifolds on a raw water cooled engine with wrong intake gaskets and I was getting water in oil (slow at first, really bad at the end). Found guy scrapping a boat with twin inboard 454's and got the intakes, carbs, etc from him...cleaned up and put on my boat....after a flush of kero/oil she was good to go.

Now, nobody will be jealous of this boat, but I will show the pics anyway.

off with the old

On with the older lol:

Boat pic for shitz and giggles...it really is a useless boat haha

Last edited by krush; 07-16-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Re: Why I need a hat....some may be jealous!

Now for the jealous part....I have this perfect slip with Class B pilings installed for a lift but no boat to put in it (did all the work last year)

Rest of dock:

Re: Why I need a hat....some may be jealous! PICS no 56k

I did seen a very beautiful, vintage (80's-90's?) bertram 60C last weekend with 16v92 DD's...might be as fast (hey, why don't the smilies work?!)
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Nice Dock my Hatt would Fit in there real nice!!!!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

You gonna grow a pony tail and pick up a couple of honeys this weekend?

(Might be time better spent than paddling a broken down Hatty in the gulf!)
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

you could always park freebird there.

I will tell you that you would fall in love with it if you saw it even in its current state.

I'm not a motoryacht guy....need a cockpit aka need a convertible or sportfish...that is I can always change my mind for the right price lol close to free

Yeah, I lol'd at the bert comment because the only thing REMOTELY close to what I can dream of affording one day would be something 79 or older, which is fine by me because I fix everything.

The pilings are all 30 footers and the big huge class B's are 35 footers. slip is 60 feet and designed to nose in because a (bigass) lift is in the plan.

well, think i got a dead hole on the starboard and the exhaust manifold may be leaking into a cylinder when I stop it making semi hydro-lock during starting.

Gonna pull plugs (lol contortionist) today or tomorrow and see what's going on. Goddamn mercruisers and their cheap ass manifolds, I just put these on like 5 years ago. Looks like I may be yanking the engine this winter (it's easier to pull the engine to put the manifolds on lol). Maybe it's just an elbow....maybe there's a hole in a piston, who knows lol 15 cylidners hide a dead one pretty well.