Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: former member needs help

sorry to ask such a foolish question, but I'm new....what boat is this?

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    sorry to ask such a foolish question, but I'm new....what boat is this?

1974 58' triple cabin.
    Hey Krush - wanna go for a ride? I'm sure Randy has an open seat.

Not to mention a need for some EXPERTISE !!
    Randy needs a quartermaster, navigator, electrician, mechanic, deckhand, cook, valet, and a big shoulder to cry on !! Pic is FREEBIRD. ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-16-2007 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    1974 58' triple cabin.
    Hey Krush - wanna go for a ride? I'm sure Randy has an open seat.
    tell me when/where. As long as it doesn't interfere with me going to Oskosh

I got lots of tools and am pretty good at keeping stuff running out on the water.

Oshkosh aint nothin' compared to a trip with the 'BIRD. LOL ws

Update, my brother just called at 730pm, they were south of Clearwater FL, Johns pass. boat is running fine. very slow going however, they are not pushing the one engine. The boat will be docked somwhere in clearwater, not sure how long. Guess as long as it takes to get her ready for the big trip.

He needs to find another place in Clearwater or area and quick the Dock he is going to is charging 2/foot per day, he cant afford to pay that kind of rate.

Is Randy still planning on running the big trip solo?

I was able to keep my 60 in Crystal River at Petes Pier for 100/week but was a max of 2 weeks. I would head on up to Dog River as it would only add 1-2 days of running time... Hope he paid his Towboat US bill.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

No. he is looking for other boats to follow or run with and anyone for crew. If anyone wants to volunteer he spoke of getting people flights through a continental connection he has.

I have volunteered to be there Tuesday to go over the systems before he runs her on a longer trip. Randy will be calling me later I hope with a report. I have my bicycle pump ready in my toolbox and am ready to be his new bilge monkey.

I have to be in NY for a wedding and cant help much until early August. The dock he is heading for is looking for $2/foot per day which will kill him if he needs to wait for me.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

He is not really going to be able to drop anyone off. Once he passes Clearwater the only inlet he can get into is Crystal River and I would not try it on low tide! Also you can NOT get outside of the markers!!! It is a 24 hour deal at hull speed. Have him call me if he needs anymore help....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son