Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

Yeh, but where else do you have a large assortment of "BEER" pennants??? Ive even been going to ACE for boxes of 100 screws. Typically, #8 X 1-1/2 are about $4 a box of 100. Thats on a par with Jamestown and you dont have to wait and pay shipping.
    We used to have THEDE Marine and Pat Bairds' Ships' Wheel here. They had all kinds of neat stuff back in the 60s but then came WM and the like. The worst part is, they are demographically located by members mailing addresses, which are NO WHERE near any marinas here.
    WM had a 5 foot piece of pin rail for $69 --- gimme a break !! I would open a store before I'd open a marina. $30 for a SIERRA pump impeller? $1.90 for a 1/2 SS bolt? What are they thinking? The sales guys do look hot in their little sailor shorts tho-- if yer a H-MO ! ws

And I ordered my oil "diapers" online, had 200 delivered to the boat at the whopping cost of 38 cents each. West Marine wants $1.96 each !![/QUOTE]

Hey Charlie, which site did you order the diapers from. I'm almost ready to order another "pile" and am curious. I know someone who builds gas stations but I don't get to see him too often lately so I don't want to just show up for the favors.

K

3. Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

1.96 each........

Maybe I need to raise the price of my 3m diapers

http://www.starcarpentry.com/store/index.php?cPath=36
    Last edited by Starman; 07-15-2007 at 09:47 PM.

I bought a case of 100 for $38 on ebay. Do a quick search, you'll find them.

Click here:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-175-SORBENT-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Passages; 07-15-2007 at 09:50 PM.

1 got 100 of the large 3M ones for about $60.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

6. Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

Just took a look, but did not see any 3m diapers, maybe I missed it.

Lewis Marine.

Look them up on line if you don't already use them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

OGIT Syndrome, we call it...we have a few other choices around here although Fawcett's/Oceana doesn't seem to be doing too well....WM is the Beelzebub of the marine industry.

Personally, I think they have to charge outrageous prices because they grew too fast, spent too much money buying up their competition, and now aren't doing too well. When they advertise "we can get anything" and can't do it, I read "bad management, company in trouble".

9. Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

If you want your local marine business to be there when you need them, you have to spend your money with them, they in return have to give you service and act like they want your business. The bad businesses gave WM the opening to get in the business, and now they are the bad business. Vote with your feet and dollars, there are enough good businesses out there that do want you as a customer. I don't visit wallyworld at all, since they were a supporter of American small business and now are merely corporate whores pushing chinese products. Poisioned dog food and toothpaste are nothing, anyone put a geiger counter next to their gas grill lately, yea, we are talking radioactive scrap metal boys and girls, you never know what kind of surprises you get for your money at wallyworld. We are just scratching the surface of the problems with products from china.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

But wally world carries lots of stuff with the Made in USA sticker on it...and I mean LOTS of stuff.