Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

West Marine merges with 7-11

Ok maybe not true but I have found them to be the marine variant of 7-11

While looking for an exhaust hose and a step up adapter for it I was informed they do not carry anything that big. This was for my generator. They do not stock exhaust parts over 1.5" diameter.

I guess if you are looking for high volume items at conveinance store prices they are OK. The people who shop there should be aware of this as the latest "store brands" designed to save you money look like Chinese knockoffs or other cheaper versions of known product. Store brands are just a way for them to save money.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

Old Freebird extolled their virtues by adding that he used their VISA card and they sent out rewards' coupons. Sooo, I used their card on the subs' run up here for fuel. A month later I get all these coupons also... COOL eh?
    I go to their stupid store and look at the $17 tubes of 5200 and $40 deck brushes etc. The old pucker string tightened to yield and I left with a wooden boat magazine. I originally went in for a 15 foot piece of 2C#8 duplex wire for the new head, but at $6 a foot left empty handed in disgust !!
    Being as cheap as I am, I removed a 40 foot length of #8 from the old 32V crapper, wiped it down and it looks like new. It took 4 hours, but I also got 25 clamps and screws outa the deal as a bonus! FORKEM'. I'll use them as a LAST RESORT ONLY !!
    They did have a S--T load of jetski life jackets there tho...;-((( ws

Well, maybe similar. But 7-11 never sent out hard-cover catalogs to their preferred sucke.... uh, I mean, customers.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I avoid West like the plague. My advice to anyone who has a large boat is to befriend someone who has an account with Lewis Marine or Paxton. The other option is to form your own small business and set up an account with them. You can usually get stuff within a couple of days, get exactly what you need and a reasonable price.

BTW: You can get 101 and 5200 at Lowes and Home Depot for about half of what West charges.

What does it take to open an account with Lewis, Paxton, Land and Sea, Mesco, etc?

I have a small business, tax ID, LLC and all that jazz.

I have an account with Lewis and the price is good but I find they do not carry a lot of parts for the old 32V Hatts.

Krush, to get an account you need to prove you are actively working in the marine industry. They came out personally and checked out our facility....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Erich View Post
    I avoid West like the plague. My advice to anyone who has a large boat is to befriend someone who has an account with Lewis Marine or Paxton. The other option is to form your own small business and set up an account with them. You can usually get stuff within a couple of days, get exactly what you need and a reasonable price.

BTW: You can get 101 and 5200 at Lowes and Home Depot for about half of what West charges.

Ive never seen 5200 at the Homo or Lowes. Ive even talked to my 3M guy at the auto parts and no luck. ??? ws

5200 slow and fast cure are typically available at blows and homo. in paint section where the adhesives are. they sell for about 10 or so, if they would carry 4000 uv i would shoot my load.

9. Re: West Marine merges with 7-11

I've bought 5200 at my local Lowes.

I also stop at the local Dollar Store as from time to time they sometimes have the BIG cans of Pledge and/or bottles of cleaning supplies for about 1/3 the cost of any other place...

And I ordered my oil "diapers" online, had 200 delivered to the boat at the whopping cost of 38 cents each. West Marine wants $1.96 each !!
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Well they tried it again. I installed my generator and replaced all the original wiring to it and added a breaker panel near the unit for additional safety. I needed a bit more 10 Gage cable. West had it at $4.00/foot. I had previously bought 100 foot for $187.00 and I know the list on that cable was $2.65 per foot. I went to cape marine and bought it for $1.70 per foot and told West to Fukk off.

The balls they have there. It's criminal. Randy needed abattery cable and the reamed his sphincter too.

I am not looking for the cheapest prices but Worst Morons has gone too far. It's price gouging.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.