Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Re: 1979 60C Enclosed Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by adubuisson View Post
    I have considered this for boat for several months now and considered numerous aspects after purchase if I were to purchase. I tentatively scheduled to view the boat this week end until Tropical Storm Fay. All else considered, my biggest concern is that the survey may reveal some significant to considerable structural issues with the hull or associated structures. I know that is what the survey is for, but I would like to rule any known hull issues out before a 600 mile trip to view and subsequent $ 2,500 survey costs.

Is there any information out there about the existing condition of the hull of this vessel?
    I have seen her and she shows no outright signs of abuse. However a survey is a prudent step. I have been in the vessel and the engine room area and would love to buy her myself but at this time it is not financially possible for me.

If you need a recommendation for a surveyor in the area I know of a few who I trust.

PM me if I can be of assistance.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

hull or structural problem on a Hatteras Convertible?

unlikely.. this is not an Ocean or a Sea ray :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

How much to transit the Panama canal?

i think it's around $1000 for the average boat... they had some delays of up to 3 to 4 weeks in the spring but they're back on schedule now.

why Chris, thinking of moving to the West Coast? :-)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

FYI if you haven't seen it and are considering a canal transit....if you click on the owners wep pages tab at SAMS home page, there is a 60 EB named tinknocker that records alot of the trip with some pics and fuel use info. A really great read.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Ha ha! No Pascal, I am from the West coast and KNOW the east coast is WAY better for boating, at least below Seattle. :- ) Thanks for the price on the ditch, I thought it was a lot higher in an effort to stop "small" yachts from going through.

The only 58 cockpit motor yachts with a galley down set up, in the market right now, are on the west coast.

Humm, if you take a boat east to west, perhaps we can make that a round trip. <gg> Just kidding, not in a position to take further action at the moment.

Last year a good friend of ours just shipped a 60 Bertram from Port Everglades to Ensenada on Yacht Path and it was considerably cheaper than Dockwise. Part of the reason I believe is they don't own their own ships and lease deck space on other carriers. He said everything was done efficiently and was please with the service. It would be worth it to get a quote. Also, if you don't have time constraints and can wait, if they don't have a full ship, you can get a better price fairly close to departure time.

i checked with yacht path. they would like $56,640 for the shipping from port everglades to ensenada. leaving in february 2009. insurance is an extra $875 for $350k boat value.

Heck, Pascal can do it for a lot less than that. Plus we all get a great streaming video show!

Hmmmm, Fish/dive all the way to South America then over to Panama on someone elses dime???? Let me see if I can clear my schedule!
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son