Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

1979 60C Enclosed Bridge

This boat has aprox 1800 hours on 12v71ti engines. It has 2 20kw Northern Lights generators with aprox 300 hours each. It has 2 new banks of 8V batteries, a new 12V 8D and a new 12V group 31. It has 5 Rule bilge pumps that have been replaced within the past year. It has both an engine driven and electric air compressor. 3 Gally Maid heads, 2 are in working order. There is a seawater pump in working order as well. Going forward to the utility room, it has 5 Cruisair air conditioners 2 of which needs to be replaced. It has a 110 freshwater pump and hot water heater. It also has aprox a 5 cf freezer. Moving forward it has 3 Staterooms and 3 heads with working showers. The master has a queen berth and the other 2 have twin bunks. Moving aft and up you have a dinette and a full galley including stand up fridge, dishwasher, stove, oven, microwave, and icemaker. Moving further aft to the saloon there is a tuner, dvd player and tv. Seating includes a couch and 2 chairs. The area also contains a wet bar and liquor cabinet. Moving on to the cockpit you will find a tackle center and a bait freezer which is not working at this time. It has a fighting chair, 9 rod holders, and 40' Rupp outriggers. It also has a cockpit canvas but it is in poor shape. We now work our way up the widows walk and find an aft control station and a sitting area with a fridge. Moving forward in to the enclosed bridge you find ample bench seating. Electronics include an 3' open array Furuno radar, a SiTek depth sounder and a Garmin 2010C color chart plotter. There is also an older KVH Satelite phone which does not work. There is some interior damage to the headliner and the port sliding window and frame need to be replaced. It has bridge controls and a Simrad 3000 autopilot. Moving up the tower there is an old depth finder and VHF, neither of which work. The tower controls are in working order and the bimini top has been removed. Ground tackle consists of a Danforth 3000 anchor coupled to a Galley Maid windlass. A fixed davit with a 1200lb Grolo winch. The props were just tuned using Prop Scan computers.

That is all I can come up with off the top of my head. Pics to follow........

Priced for quick sale.....$125,000 FIRM
    Last edited by thoward; 08-19-2008 at 04:33 PM.
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Re: 1979 60C Enclosed Bridge

1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

gorgeous....if it were only in not so good shape and 250k less haha.

What is the weight, draft, and width on the 60c?

where is the boat located?

Ft Pierce, Florida
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    What is the weight, draft, and width on the 60c?

100,000lb
    5'
    18'
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Great pics of the boat. The engine room and the separate pump room on the 60C always remind me that this thing is really a Naval Destroyer in drag. Fantastic boat, wish I was ready for it, but not yet.

I would be interested in the fuel burn at cruise and at hull speed though.
    Last edited by hyperfishing; 07-12-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Looks like a beauty!
    Curious why you are selling her, as it looks like you have put alot into the boat and it shows.
    Paul
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Smile Re: 1979 60C Enclosed Bridge

I'm sorry to see your boat listed. I hope another forum member realizes what a great boat this is. I'm biased as I have the same model from 1980. I was told by Steve McPherson that there were only 95 built, mine being hull number 50. With the 12v71ti's at 650hp, 2:1 twin disk trannies, 3" shafts and 32x32 four bladed props, I cruise at 16 knots with full fuel and 1/2 water. I like to cruise a little lighter, so I'm usually at 17 knots at 1950 RPMs with a burn of approximately 60 gph. That's with starboard engine with a little over 3,000 hours and the port engine having a little over 1,500 hours. It's no speed demon by today's standards for sport fishing, however, it makes a great cruiser for someone interested in not just the destination, but how they are going to get there. Not bad for moving 88,000 lbs of boat through the water. That's what the travellift read when hauled in the fall with full fuel. Also, the holding tank is about 185 gallons, so you've got plenty of room for the use of the heads.

Passages,
    I would seriously take a look at this boat. One thing to consider, you never have to worry about replacing your flybridge enclosure, so there is a big cost savings in the long run. Also, the engine room is a mechanic's dream. It's very manageable for a couple to operate as the boat is maneuverable to anywhere you want it to go or stay. Wide side decks for a sportfish are a big plus. It does roll a little in a following sea off of the quarter, but it isn't uncomfortable.

If you need any other information on this model, don't hesitate to call.
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish