Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Meet a fellow HOF member last night

Last night I had dinner with Larry Kaplan (MicroKap) as he was here in town on business. We met at the River City Brewery about 8:30PM and were the last to leave the resturant.

As in all cases when it comes to Hatt owners, he is a classy guy (OH, he also picked up the check) so if any of you get a chance to meet him, go out of you way to do so.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Meet a fellow HOF member last night

I've met about 10 members myself. All great guys.

I have to say, this forum is like no other I've seen. The depth of knowledge freely shared, the willingness to help out beyond the keyboard, the hospitality shown when members pass through another members area is fantastic. What really seperates this forum from others is the respect shown, even when opinions differ.

Thanks again to SAMS for putting it together and the members for keeping it real. Looking forward to the LI HOF Get together in Greenport to meet more members.
    Last edited by Passages; 07-10-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    I've met about 10 members myself. All great guys.

Thanks again to SAMS for putting it together and the members for keeping it real. Looking forward to the LI HOF Get together in Greenport to meet more members.
    I second that !!!!!!!!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    I second that !!!!!!!!

I,ll third those sentiments. While I have not met any of you yet, I look forward to doing so in the next few weeks at the Three Mile Harbor Fireworks and also at the HOF get-together in Greenport.This forum is a wonderful place where I have already learned so much from you veterans. Thanks to Sam's for establishing and maintaining this great forum.It is the first place that I go every time that I turn on my computer. Thanks again Bruce

I've personally met 18 of you so far and that doesn't include the husbands/wives/families of the members. I feel like I've personally met many more of you due to the interaction I have with many of you on this forum. All great folks, indeed!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

met several,
    Dan Sullivan, Randy Register, Scott Beckwid,Bob Norris, and 2 or 3 others but cant remember who.

7. Re: Meet a fellow HOF member last night

Notice you did not/could foget Randy ........ :}
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    Notice you did not/could foget Randy ........ :}

That's because he is a very unforgettable character. A very nice guy and worth meeting. But, I don't think he fits in well with stuffed shirts. He do like to have fun!
    Illegitimum non carborundum
    My drinking team has a fishing problem.

I too have met and shared good times with many members. Dr. Jim Rosenthal is great as is Pascal and Ang. I really want to spend some time with Sky Cheney. We are both from the great lakes and he bought his boat from a friend of mine. I will be racing the Bayview YC mackinac race next Saturday, the 21st. My sailboat is named Flyer. This will be my 28th race and the boats18th. We have done well and have 5 firsts, countless seconds and thirds, and a third overall to this boats credit. I hope you all cheer for us and we are pumped to kick this race in the a*@. Sky, if you are anywhere near Mackinac at that time, we should try to meet. I will leave the island on Wednesday the 25th. Probably go to Cheyboygan then Presque Isle on the return.

Well I got to meet Bruce (Johngalt) this weekend and must say he is a Super Guy nice family also. I am looking foward to seeing him again on the 28th and will see If he surprise me with Buying me Two Sunday papers!!!! We met just the day before and Sunday morning as I was on a mooring he delievered them to me in his whaler. So the wife and I read them then delievered them to Mark Gioveniello another part time member here and his wife was very excited to get a paper. So Bruce did a double good deed with out even knowing it!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>