Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Any pilots?

Re: Any pilots?

Our family has been flying since my grandfather had airports/flying service in the Cleveland area way back when.
    We currently have a strip in Northern Ohio with the following in the hanger.
    Cessna 310
    Cessna 195
    Cessna 140
    Piper Cub

Dad also has a home in Lake City Fla. with a hanger on the runway, and a brother that flys for Com Air.
    They by the way also have boats.

Private pilot since early 70's. Total time about 1000 hrs. No longer current - most of us can't do it all at one time. I sold the Citabria when I bought the Hat in '82. If you study, plan and execute in simiar fashion flying and boating can both provide the same level of enjoyment and reward for a challenging job well done safely and comfortably. It's too bad the folks we too often encounter that just "drive" their boats around without regard for the rules of the road or the impact of their wakes didn't start out flyng.
    J3 Cub
    Super Cub
    C120
    C150
    C172
    C175
    C177RG
    Cherokee 140
    Warrior
    Arrow
    Cherokee 6
    Tri Pacer
    Bellanca Citabria
    Bellanca Scout
    V-tail Bonanza
    Beach 18
    Barron
    glider

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Are there any pilots (mean airplane, but boat pilot's probably make more money hahah)...private or commerical? Just curious to see if anyboy flies. I have my private and about 100hours...joined a club down at school 2 years ago and will be working instrument ticket this year.
    I have my private and instrument and own a F33A bonanza

This is an old thread....I haven't flown since 2009 (unless one counts powered paragliding). Want to get back in to it, but do-gooders and nanny state make it cost prohibitive for middle/upper-middle class humans. Funny, guys that do exact same profession I do 30 years ago owned their own planes and flew around site to site.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I read this thread from end to end and it is true that pilots also generally like big boats too. I have a lifetime friend that is ATP 10K hours and I think 6 type ratings who owns a 49 Grand Banks.

Me....ATP S&MEL Commercial Helicopter 17K hours 10 type ratings still working in this crazy business!

Mostly charter and corporate have flown for most of the rich and famous. Was hired by US Air for one day (now thats a story).

Bob Hopes personal pilot for 2 years (731 Jetstar)

Flew "the Donald" during his BK when they took away the 72

2 approaches to minimums to the "checkerboard" in Hong Kong (you tube it)

and a bunch more. Air Show pilot for four years, Crop duster in TX, EMS Chief pilot in Helos and fixed wing and the list goes on. The pinnacle of my career is being nominated for the SC aviation hall of fame. I got beat out by a current member of the NTSB....good company.

Jim I have several Dr. friends who are excellent pilots (and Drs.) but their writing is still crummy!

I do not know how I would have survived if I had to get a real job!!!!

CE-500,CL-600,DA-10,20,50,900,G-1159,G-IV,L-1329,LR-JET,N-265 and 70 other aircraft
    LOA in De haviland Venom, Saab Draken, F-86
    Airshow Waiver in Pitts and Decathlon no altitude or maneuver limitation

Did I mention coast to coast solo in a bell 206? WHAT FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you enjoyed and made a nice living during the glory days of aviation. Very nice!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Crosswind,

I have flown an F-33C several times. The one Pat Epps owns. He and I used to do shows together.

Remember.....King Nepture,Gravity and Chuck Norris never sleep......They wait!

Russ

Pat Epps. Any relation to Tal Epps? Talmadge Epps WWII crew from the 345th Bomb Group 500th Squadron?
    Last edited by season; 04-09-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I have my private and instrument and own a F33A bonanza
    Please tell me you're not a Dr.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Private pilot inst single engine driver