Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Any pilots?

Re: Any pilots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    The commuters might have a bent on former military but the majors are still hiring high percentages of them. The shortage is real, my airline is going to retire a huge percentage of our ranks in the next 10 years. I gained about 600 numbers this year. Glad to hear he got a great job!
    The shortage sounds like BS to me as well. There was a good thread over on THT about this...read from post 82 onward: https://www.thehulltruth.com/docksid...l#post12773927

A quick data gathering would probably show there are THOUSANDS of qualified ATP pilots that could fill the major airline seats.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Lots of time in a super cruiser with and without skis. Racing the snowmobilers on lake Winnebago is still the most fun I’ve had in any airplane I’ve flown.
    Here is the PA-12 in the old sick crazy hangar complete with mural. What an addiction!

PA12 180.jpg

Current Airline Captain at a regional (Or not so regional) airline flying for FOUR major airlines in the US.Types in the EMB 120, CRJ 200, 700, 900 and the ERJ 170/190 currently flying the ERJ 175 for five years now.Other ratings include CFI-A-I-ME, A&P.It is rare I fly GA these days, as flying 4-5 days a week scratches that itch sufficiently.When I fly GA, it has been mostly in the Twinkie and C-310-R, both owned by buddies on the East and West Coast. Both of my long term buds are airline captains as well as former and current boaters.If you have any questions about the industry, message me or ask here.Remember, if you see:White over white = fly all nightRed over white = you are all right!Red over red = you are dead!White over red = you are inverted!
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363