Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oh Boy Here We Go!

The owner has accepted our conditional offer on his 1988 60MY. Let the games begin! Trying to schedule the mechanical survey followed by the vessel/value survey. Interstate out of the Milwaukee area will do the motors. They are the local Detroit service center. The current owner spends the summers on the boat so I’m to assume the vessel survey should proceed reasonably well, I hope. I said to my wife last night this is either an indication of our rewards for our hard work in our careers or our level of our lunacy. Either way we hope to fall in love with her soon. She’ll be based in Racine. Currently it’s the only classic Hatteras in Reef Point. If you see her there please stop by for a visit. We always have something cold in the fridge.

Re: Oh Boy Here We Go!

Its in Wisconsin. Theres something cold everywhere.

Congratulations.
    And
    Dont listen to the armchair mechanics and carpenters. Do it right the first time.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Congrats! Fingers crossed for your upcoming surveys!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Keep us in the loop and add photos. We are all here to help. This is a great site to learn as well as make friends with the same interests.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Have fun and welcome. I hope you will come to share my view about my Hatteras: It’s simply the best bad investment I ever made.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Congrats, hope all goes well. I'll have to stop by when I'm up that way. Nice marina too.

Buying this Hatteras was easy. It’s fits my investing strategy, buy high and sell low! And I’ll love every minute of it. Even the horrible jobs I have ahead.

If looking for a Surveyor I used https://c3marine.com/, It was on the hard at the time. Scott did a rather complete job. I'm up at SMYC and the Only Hatteras there , swing by for a few some time.

Congratulations and I hope you have a many happy boating adventures!!!
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

You will like Interstate Power out of Butler. They are very knowledgeable, not cheap but definitely top notch. Great guys to work with too.

Welcome to the Hatteras club! Many projects await.....