Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy 4th All!

1. Re: Happy 4th All!

This will be the 7th 4th of July on the "No Dial Tone" and the entire family is in town as it is now a tradition that we leave the dock, cruise the St Johns River, anchor up so the younger ones can jump off the top of the boat while the older ones grill dogs and burgers, then head downtown and anchor up to watch the fireworks.

BUT THIS YEAR, our weather is bad so have had to "revamp" our plans to where we will leave about 5PM, anchor out downtown, grill the food, watch the fireworks and then be back at the dock around 11:30 PM
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Happy 4th All!

Pascal,

My dinghy has lights, but I don't have a battery for her yet, and I have no idea what shape the lights/wiring are in. Heck, I'm hoping I can even start it. Haven't pulled the cord since CDR. I was supposed to dinghy over to a group of sailboats (liveaboards, here) who were supposed to raft up in front of Gilligan's Island, but I haven't seen a boat leave the dock yet! LOL I'm sort of playing the day by ear - I've got a Sour Cream Toffee Fudge Cake in the oven, so it's going to be a little while yet before I get out anyway. Hey, you gotta try my newest ice cream concotion....Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream - my best ice cream ever, so far.

By the way, Pascal, Viva (the big Ferretti next to me) is gone to the yard following a grounding. So, that giant slip next to me is empty if you do end up stopping by. I'll call you if I can't get the dinghy out, if it's not too late.
    Last edited by Angela; 07-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

3. Re: Happy 4th All!

Just wanted to say HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Here are some neat pictures my wife took in our backyard... and at the end of the day... our flag still flies!

In this messed up world, May God bless you all... Keep safe!!

well, i dont' know if you really want to be on the bay tonight in a tender even if it has lights anyway... too wild.

you're going to ferry ice cream and freshly baked in an 11' whaler to ragboters ?
    :-)

we can pull up pulpit to pulpit... give me a call if interested... we're leaving the dock around 6:15
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    well, i dont' know if you really want to be on the bay tonight in a tender even if it has lights anyway... too wild.

you're going to ferry ice cream and freshly baked in an 11' whaler to ragboters ?
    :-)

we can pull up pulpit to pulpit... give me a call if interested... we're leaving the dock around 6:15
    Hell no I don't want to be out there in my tender tonight! That would be a suicide mission, especially in Miami. In fact, I just now see that the sky has turned all very dark. I don't think I'm going to get that dinghy ride in after all. I did fix the motor, drained the rain water and washed it. OK, don't laugh....although there is quite a bit I can do on my own with my DDs, thanks to you guys, I know very little about outboards, even though I was able to fix what was wrong...dumb luck. What I don't know is how to turn it off. Embarrassing, eh? That was the "dumb blonde" moment everyone was waiting for...LOL "How do I turn this off?" I used the kill switch that is supposed to be attached to the driver. And I wasn't planning on ferrying food out to the sailboats, but you're welcome to stop by for some!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

usually you press and hold the kill switch, where the little plastic thingy attaches.

i'll give you a call as we get underway, you're welcome to hop on (with the cake :-) ) ... the storms appear to be moving north and staying inland so far.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

7. Re: Happy 4th All!

Hey Ang,
    My buddy John called me last night from Wisconsin and he and his friend Rick both told me to tell you HI... They still talk about what great care you gave them back at the Super Bowl.....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com