Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy 4th All!

Happy 4th All!

Hope everyone is out on the water today and that the weather is great wherever you are.

Also that your 4th is a safe one.

Oh, and BTW, thanks to all American service men and women who fought over the years so that we as a free nation can have this day to celebrate.

Enjoy!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

Re: Happy 4th All!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and all of our armed forces members as well !! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 07-10-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Bill

I hope you are busy chasing your "assistant" around the deck today instead of making her work on that sub!
    Capt'n Bill

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did, But people will never forget how you made them feel."

This is my 4th day out of the Navy...didn't miss it yesterday, but I do today. Happy 4th to all. I am working (on call) so I will live vicariously through you today.
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

Well, here are two 4th of July pics separated by about 40 years! OK, actually the latest pic was July 3rd (yesterday). Note that I haven't physically changed at all The only change is the location and the company I'm keeping.

1. Firebase "Dave" - located somewhere in Vietnam where they weren't shooting at us waiting for the choppers to take us to somewhere else in Vietnam where they would be!

2. On a canal boat in the Xochimilco section of Mexico City - guns are illegal here!

Happy 4th!
    Attached Images

I'm planning to take a break from boat work today and get out on the water, albeit in my dinghy since I can't single-hand this boat myself, and Ed is in Atlanta on his own Hatt today. I hope my dinghy starts! I left it up in "Dinghy Land" (on shore by the entrance gate) months ago and the gas is "since last October" old. She's gonna need to be bailed out and washed first.

Have a safe July 4th holiday and don't be losing any fingers to fireworks.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

7. Re: Happy 4th All!

LOL! Headed to a BBQ and then over to see some fireworks... on a boat

Enjoy everyone!
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by (Nobody You Know) View Post
    Bill

I hope you are busy chasing your "assistant" around the deck today instead of making her work on that sub!

I took her out for breakfast at the greasiest spoon in Chicago ! That should keep her coat shiny until the next dose of sub-lube oil LOL. AKAS; I'll try to get her out for some fireworks tonite... This is the first 4th in 30 years that I didnt have a boat load of friends going downtown for the cities' fireworks extravaganza. Even my Roamer missed out! ws

Happy 4th everyone! Just spoke to our "sailor daughter", she is in the Navy and stationed in Greece (Crete to be exact)..she said it is really weird not be be home celebrating the 4th w/the fam., either on a boat or on the beach....but they are having a cookout w/ friends so it will be as close to being home as they can make it! She has learned alot about what other countries hold dear and feels even more proud to be an American! Cheers! Laurie & Jim in NC

angela

sure you can... you just don't know you can !!!!

we're going to anchor off bayside, why dont you dinghy over ? planning on getting there around 6/7 or so, depending on thunderstorm activity tonight... we usually anchor just off teh ICW channel, across from brickell Key. do you have lights on your dinghy ?

let me know, if not we can swing by to pick you up...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat